Monday, April 23, 2007

Radio Shows / Netspeak / My Visual DNA / Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie

Two good things and one not-so-good thing before I go play some more:

1. I finished all the undone dungeons on my list earlier tonight, although I may go back and do the F_X dungeon since the corresponding space adventure seems more full of stuff. Then again, I thought the G_D space adventure would have more to it than it did. Oh well.
2. I thought I'd miss the last episodes of Dead Men Prowl on Lights Out, the old-time radio drama show that Rock 101 has on Sunday nights. It's an interesting show where dead men rise and kill people - you see, NOT like Jesus! Thought the cruise would conflict with that, but it turns out that the ten-part drama ends next week... guess I calculated wrongly! (they do play two episodes a week, haha!)
3. I like a certain person just fine, but he types with some Netspeak. Yes, I know that's how people his age communicate these days, but still. Oh well, I'll grin and bear it since it's not as bad as it COULD be! Add another person to the list of friends from whom I'll grudgingly accept some Netspeak! (someone in a grammar community called me an elitist - oh, I am so NOT one! :P)




Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie

To dispel the urban legend of the $250 recipe, as told in the text of the infamous chain letter recipe, Neiman Marcus created an actual recipe for chocolate chip cookies and displayed it on the Neiman Marcus Web site... for a limited time only. I recently went to take another look at the recipe, and it was gone. Georgia Christiansen, Neiman Marcus Creative Director, told me that the recipe will no longer be featured on the site. But she did send me a copy. Since I get so many requests for the recipe, and because I get even more e-mail copies of the bogus chain letter, I will post the recipe here. Maybe this will help put an end to the myth.

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee, slightly crushed
8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips

1. Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
3. Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie. Makes 15 large cookies.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home