Thursday, April 19, 2007

Petal bars, books, cocoa Peeps, Blogthings

Our family had to wait about an hour or more at the border crossing into the US. Good thing my brother and I had a worship book and The Onion to keep us company: charismatic worship, traditional worship, weed guy saving Christmas, handling 2008 genocides (Iran not existing for very long, anyone?), and more! We went to this outlet mall that we hadn't been to in years - beige jeans and the cute paper card store! Then we went to the same McDonald's with the Rite-Aid that we went to in October: since I was pretty thirsty for some reason, I drank about one large Coke. Makes me wonder how I'll cope on the plane if we aren't really supposed to bring bottled water in our carry-on luggage, but we'll see... definitely can't bring Purell, heh. (I'm sure Eric will be happy to hear that even though he won't be going on the cruise with us!) Mom got me some cocoa Peeps (never heard of that flavor - great for sharing?) and a disposable camera to take on the cruise - sweet! Not a digicam, but it'll do!

Went to Fairhaven, where my brother and I were in our element at Village Books: SO MANY SHINY BOOKS! I ended up buying Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati (I've heard about her books on craighnaduhn, the Outlander community) after taking a lot of time to make a decision. Browsed through a book on 101 Ethical Dilemmas and other books, looked at yearly cards and such (memories!), bought a Mocha Supreme Langford Foods Petal Garden bar (edible, from Langley, also great for sharing as it's a 170g bar, and expires May 7), and chipped in with Jon to buy Jen a birthday present. She'll love it since it's anti-Bush: a "Smush Bush" stress reliever doll, and a button with his last day of office on it. (1-20-09, baby!) I decided on the doll instead of a deck of cards - it's more visible and she might like it more, haha. Jon wondered if he should buy Harmony some $10 chocolate - we decided that "I know you like chocolate, but I won't spend $10 on one bar since I don't love you that much!" sounded kinda bad. =/

After that, we browsed through a sweet shop (lots of mix and match flavors for $4 a half-pound) before going for some fish and chips - the fish was SO FRESH and GOOD! Then we went to Wal-Mart, and I bought Over The Edge by Bill G. Cox. On the way to Wal-Mart on Meridian, we passed a Cold Stone Creamery: I told my brother that it was a US-only thing with birthday cake ice cream flavor. Grandma wanted to know if they made strawberry pudding cups: uh, no. They had vanilla, butterscotch, and tapioca ONLY. Strawberry pudding wouldn't taste that good, probably! Then, we went back to Canada - I made sure to keep the title of my Onion book (HOMELAND INSECURITY) hidden from the US officials and the Canadian ones too! It's only satire, but I've heard stories about how people brought certain books on planes only to have them confiscated! Good to be paranoid in this case, haha. When the hockey coverage at the Chinese restaurant switched from the Vancouver-Dallas game (next goal wins since it's in OT now as I write this) to the Calgary-Detroit game, Mom was confused when a Flame scored to make it 3-2. Granted, she couldn't see the TV well from where she was sitting, but all the red uniforms DO look different from green and blue!

Heh, my mom also just gave me a stack of greeting cards for no reason - she may be belittling at times ("I'm 28 years older than you and my skin's still better than yours!"), but there's nothing I can do about that! Luckily, my brother defended me with "Not many people her age have her good skin, either - it's still smooth and such!" (that's probably why Auntie Tracy and Auntie Fonda couldn't believe the age I turned on my last birthday, come to think of it) She also gave me this sweet Snoopy JOE COOL sweater from a Steveston thrift shop - his sunglasses are so gold and shiny! Jon says Nathan is in Toronto for a high school friend's wedding, but is going to Montreal for fun while he's there.. might as well, heh. Now I'm just waiting for Jon to finish a phone call with Harmony before I can finally go home! At least I can check my friends pages on this computer and save entry drafts in Gmail... good planning on my part!

Oh, crap. We had too many men on the ice, so Dallas got a power play... Brendan Morrow scored to end OT and the game. DAMN!

Fining moms for the names they give their kids... HAHAHA, I wish this worked in real life!


Your Rapper Name Is...

Ghetto Supastar



You Are Straight

There's not much queer about you.
So let's just say you're straight... but not narrow.


No wonder my mom's computer wouldn't allow me to access the results page... look at that REAL JOCK ad on the side!


Your Love Quote

True love stories never have endings.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home