Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's Nathan in his kitchen, only not really!

Hockey tonight in Dallas - maybe they'll almost score on themselves again, haha. We better win, or else! Checking blogs again... Randal has a new picture up that (upon first glance) kinda resembled Nathan in a white shirt and dark pants. While I'm not the member of my family who spends the most time with Nate - that would be my brother - I was still surprised to know that I thought of him first! "Hey, that's Nathan in his kitchen! Wait a minute... it can't be since it's someone else's blog! WHERE IS MY BRAIN?!" (if you know me in real life, please do NOT answer this question with crazy stuff!) Then again, I've spent way more time even in Nathan's house (or kitchen?) over the years than I ever have with Randal, so maybe it's natural that my brain makes that association? Yeah, yeah, I know... my brain is truly bizarre, so no need to say that. :P

Anyhow, he's blogged about passions (interesting since we had a talk on this subject just last night!) / volunteering / AIDS / worry / couscous. Heh, I remember making it once. It was okay, but of course needed a little something! Found myself laughing a bit like Jeremy just now when I reached a part where he said stuff to the effect of "Scripture-reading ministry would be my passion, if it existed!" (I remember what my sister thought about his reading stuff when she got back home for Christmas the first year she was in Toronto! "Who IS this man? Interesting way of reading...") Simple joys are good, but double posts are perhaps not quite so good. ;) (Spoz called me the Double Post Nazi - not without reason!) Then there's the stuff about political beliefs and Christianity, plus stuff I've read before. Touches on the Virginia Tech shooting, even... there are many explanations for those flaws, as I've learned through my reading, but it's most often the formative experiences of which I won't speak here. As for these tragedies and such never happening again.... there will always be these monsters who walk the earth, no matter how many of them we put in prison or execute under the name of capital punishment. Although yes, I wish they'd never happen again!

Apparently, he also got the surprise of the week when heading back to work: "Your former co-worker killed himself!" That would cause me to think about the time I had with the person, for sure. I myself don't know if his praying / witnessing more would have kept him from suicide, as I'm just reading about this person with whom I had no contact. Odds are that it wouldn't have - not that I maintain a hopeless / cynical outlook on life (OMG, SO EMO... MUST CUT MYSELF AND DIE BY SLASHING MY WRISTS NOW!), but maybe I'm too realistic for my own good. It MIGHT have made a difference, but again I can't say since I have no knowledge of the situation beyond typed words on a screen. Meh, on to other blogs!

Alyssa's just randomly updated her blog with stuff about the Virginia Tech shooting - I don't know how someone could do that to 32 other people with their own hopes and dreams either, since it seems senseless! Maybe it's the "I'll take other people out with me when I die!" thing, who knows? Concerts, coding, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, birthdays, emo music, and blog changes to make it look like her site are good... but increased spam is NOT! Dawn has stuff about leisurely reading (Bridget Jones), rain, business books, library cards, and other reflections on life - well, her beloved sunny days seem to be here (for) now! It's funny how it takes me three paragraphs to dissect ONE blog, and just one paragraph for the other two which had updates during the past week... maybe it's the volume of posts in the one blog, or maybe it's coz it makes me think? Haha, I don't know (although it's probably that new picture which looks like Nathan!)... it's all good, though! :P










You are 0% Addicted to Facebook.
You are not addicted to Facebook.
For you, it's just another fad that you won't subscribe to.
'How Addicted to Facebook are you?' at QuizGalaxy.com



Reminds me that Chung and Lesley were talking about it yesterday since Lesley's nephew invited her to join, and she wondered what it was. Once I told her that I'd heard it was horribly addicting, and once Chung told her that you could mass-add everyone you know and have their friends add you and so forth... she was definitely NOT sold on the concept!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home