Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hot water FIXED! / TERRIBLE baby names!

Hey, the hot water finally appears to be fixed - I know it was a weekend yesterday and all, but that was NOT fun! Time to take a shower before I go to dinner and see Dallas for the first time in a month! (I got two private messages on the Bad Baby Names forum - one person thinks my flaming baby avatar is cool, and one person thinks the animation is annoying! I'll change it if they're frowned on, of course... I don't want to get off on the wrong foot there!) My mom also just sent us an email: "Harmony has folded!" So of course I think of my brother's girlfriend first BEFORE thinking of the airline - I was like, "So she folded something... big deal!" Apparently, J-Mak's dad is taking it easy along with his wife: he should, and they remember Canada 3000: he should! At least my sister thought the same thing, so I'm not alone!

I saw this post in baby_names, and agree with the writer pretty much. I can think of better spellings for most of the names below, and REALLY think that some of the reasons also make me want to go stab someone!


Ariandreaunalyn Kieryn-Krystelle - I had my first baby a few months ago and wanted to name her something really different. I also have a very short last name so I wanted a really long first name to go with it, so I came up with the name Ariandreaunalyn. The middle name I chose because I love the name Kieryn, but it didn't sound right with Ariandreaunalyn, so I added the Krystelle to Kieryn to get a good flow. I spelled Kieryn and Krystelle with Ys because I think the names look really cool and different that way. (Ariandreaunalyn pronounced Air-ee-awn-dree-awe-na-lin, Kieryn pronounced Kee-ere-in)

(This name definitely made me go, "WTF?!" I wouldn't be shocked if that kid completely struggles with spelling her name. Even I have a hard time remembering and spelling it, and I am pretty good at spelling... except on bad days, but still, yikes!)

Cap - I always liked the characters Cap Garland and Almanzo Wilder in the Laura Ingalls books. I don't like the sound of Almanzo so I wouldn't name my son that, but I love the sound of the name Cap. I am thinking about going with Casper and using Cap as a nickname, but I might just use Cap as his formal first name and avoid the "friendly ghost" remarks.

Heather's Name Page 2

(I would rather be named after Casper the Friendly Ghost than a cap. Besides, I don't think the new generations would know who Casper is.)

Gabby - Not Gabrielle, which I find pretentious, but just Gabby. I think it's a cute, friendly, down-home kind of name. I picture a little girl named Gabby with red hair in braids, freckles on her nose, and dressed in overalls; a typical country girl who loves to ride horses, fish in the creek, climb trees, and do other outdoor things.

(I consider Gabby to be a nickname, and it is so obvious that she assumes her kid will stay a child forever.)

Iryeena - Iry for short. It seems out there.

(My eyes practically bled when I saw the name.)

Isaiya - It's not a boring name you hear all the time like "Matthew and John"... it's unique.

(Unique in a kr8atyve way! I have no idea how to pronounce it... Is it pronounced I say ya?)

Juniper Spring - I love the name Juniper Spring. I am still trying to talk my husband into it. :-) Nickname could be Piper or June. Spring was her conception.

(*blinks* Okay, I didn't mind the name Juniper Spring, but the comment about its conception is horrible. I think people should not use a name based on a child's conception period.)

Kaidense Wrey-Ann - I really like the name Kaidense Wrey-Ann because it is my first child's name, and the Wrey is my sister's middle name and Ann is my mother's. So they have a part in her name, too!

(Wrey-Ann doesn't bother me, but Kaidense? It makes me think of chemistry and physics, *the dense part* and it sounds like a kr8atyve version of Cadence.)

Kaydi Mckayla Roxi - My favorite girl's name because it's spelled unusually, and I like the sound of it.

(Too much kr8atyve names in one full name. I may not mind it if it was Kaydi Mckayla Roxy, but no, it sounds too much kr8atyve.)

Kaytlynn Jolianna - Kaitlyn is a pretty name, but I like it spelled differently to set it apart. It also looks really cool spelled Kaytlynn, and I think Kayti looks way cooler than Katie or Kaity. Jolianna is like Julianna but a little different, again to set it apart. I also like the nickname Kayti Jo... it's so cute.

(The comment makes me agh. So basically, she assumes the name will make a child be automatically cool based on her name. Obviously, personality in her opinion is not a factor in what makes a person cool.)

Kori - I'm planning on naming my baby Kori because it's a cute, high energy type of name and I think it would be a great name for any age. I also like the name Kori because it will fit in with the Kylie / Kaylie / Katie / Kelsey names, yet it is a little more uncommon so my Kori will stand out a little more. Another plus for the name: it will be easy to learn how to spell and write it when she is in Kindergarten! I haven't decided on a middle name, because so many names sound great with Kori.

(Um, am I the only one who thinks it is a kr8atyve variant of Cory?)

Klye David - It's very much a man's name.

(Messing up the letters in Kyle doesn't make it a different name from Kyle. I am hoping that the name Klye is merely a typo.)

Heather's Name Page 3

Marya Crystalyn - I love Marya because it's much less common than Mary. Crystalyn is sweet and goes well with both Marya and Mary.

(Marya doesn't bother me, but Crystalyn? Yikes!)

Nivek - It is Kevin spelt backwards, which is my name and Nivek is my daughter... it forms a special connection.

(So, does that mean she thinks the only way to bond with a child is to name her daughter after herself?)

Olivia Hope - Olivia means PEACE, and Hope means just to hope. I think the names sound Latin, and excited. It makes you think if it were your name, "I can do something!" The sounding of the names are totally different, but ring a beautiful tune.

(Basically, one cannot get self-inspiration and self-motivation without his or her name.)

Peaches - I think it's really cute and pretty.

(Okay, I do think Peach is a cute name, but I also believe that a child GROWS UP into an adult.)

Sheyenne - Sheyenne is a beautiful alternative way to spell Cheyenne, and combined with Summer, it sounds feminine yet strong at the same time. I gave my daughter this name, and everyone always comments on it!

(..... I have no words.)

Ta'Lyra - It's uncommon and cool... what more could you want in a name? I think Tali would be a cute nickname, too.

(I am truly speechless.)

Terrynne Ashlee - It just has something in it. It's unusual and you never hear it!

(*blinks* I don't mind Ashlee, but it is just the -nne part of Terrynne that pretty much set the 'WTF' alarm off.)

Heather's Name Page 4

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home