Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fog / No men here! / Mrs. Fields Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies

I forgot to blog that Justin's grandma is in hospital - sad news! My mom said that I might not be going on two cruises in two weeks - Steph said she might treat me to the second, so I guess we'll see on that one! Now Eric is online and bugging me about various things like dragon hamsters - why I keep him and Corey around, I do not know. I will say this: you can blame me for foggy windows, but your reasoning would be SO WRONG! :P

Mom also thought there was a man in my apartment when I was talking to myself... ha ha ha, nope! Then she asked whether I was sure: YES! Besides, I'm an adult now, so she can't say anything even if there WAS one here! Later, I mentioned that I was "talking" to Eric - her immediate reaction was to say in a confused tone that they saw Eric tonight (which I know quite well) and call me on my assertion that there was nobody else here but me. I think I know things better than she does, but it was still quite hilarious if a bit annoying!


Mrs. Fields Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies

Categories: Cookies
Yield: 1 serving

2 cups All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon Ground coriander
2 tablespoons Poppy seeds
1/4 cups Salted butter; softened
1 cup White sugar
2 large Egg yolks
1 large Egg
1 1/2 teaspoon Pure lemon extract

Preheat oven to 300-degrees F. In a medium bowl... combine flour, baking soda, lemon zest, coriander, and poppy seeds. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until mixture forms a grainy paste. Scrape down side of bowl... then add yolks, egg, and lemon extract. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture, and mix at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 23-25 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home