Monday, March 26, 2007

Dream: "It's too rainy to wait on picking people up!"

I had a dream which started out with Jennifer J. (fate_envies_us) inviting me to hang out with her friends overnight - I accepted said invitation, and was having a good time at a Texas-sized party when Jennifer L. (tehgreenfairy) called me and said she wanted me to hang out with HER friends! After I was finished with that party, I went right on over to Jifjen's house - we had fun searching for things in closets as part of a game, reading, and just relaxing after a good lunch! Everyone was very nice to me, which I appreciated very much! Then I got a phone call from Rich, who said that it was time to go for our cleansing retreat up in the mountains: if we engaged in any bad habits that we wanted to be cleansed of, we'd get a selected punishment that we had to choose beforehand from a short list. My bad habit was doing stuff to my hair: oh dreamland, why must you reflect real life in this way? The punishment I'd selected was having these black breast cancer boils randomly appear / disappear on my face for a year!

I had to go since I had no other choice - while we drove there, we could see the fluffy snow on the mountains. Once we were there, I recognized some of my other friends. We were tasked with finding these infinite gold figurines on tree branches: once we found them, we were to remove them and present them to the leader. If we tried keeping them for ourselves before we were done, we'd receive punishments we DIDN'T ask for! Man, we did a lot of climbing and physical labor! The only way we could be rescued from our fate was if a legitimate phone call came in from the outside (we were isolated) saying that we were urgently needed to help a religious cause. Sarah was our savior, withstanding the third degree to secure my and Rich's release since we NEEDED to be at our church for an event we had spearheaded. (not really, but they didn't need to know that!) Rich and I were made to pick a lot of fruit from a selection of bins before we could sign our work / retreat releases and get outta Dodge, but we considered that a small price to pay for a non-existent urgent need. ;)

Once we were at the church, I saw a bunch of the Awana kids in winter coats doing Game Time. My dad said that we had to help little Wilson, who was over in a corner with his mother Jenny. I went over to see what was up - he had seizures which wouldn't stop unless Rich and I were around to physically restrain him and pray over him... we were the only two people who could do that, although of course Wilson wanted his mom next to him! Once we did that, they stopped forever - Jenny was profoundly grateful for our presence! I flew upstairs to see what was happening - a service packed with old people seemed to be going well. Then I flew right back downstairs to ask Andrew how it was going since he was doing some craft preparation. He wouldn't tell me anything at all in response to my questions, which is uncharacteristic of him in real life! (there's never been a time so far where he's shut down and refused to talk!) Upon some discreet inquiries, I learned that Rich and I weren't supposed to know anything about the Awana ministry anymore - odd, since before we went to the retreat, we were given free rein of the church and its operations.

Eric M., his brother, and Daniel appeared in the basement to convince Andrew to give up his secrets. He told them that they'd have to talk to Auntie Rebecca, which they did. Once I was given unconditional free rein again (they thought the retreat was something that VERY INCURABLY BAD people went on), Alan wondered if we knew the way to Prince Rupert. We allowed that we did, and Alan promptly gave us a bag of goodies to take to his family there! How did he know that we were going there with Eric and Kieran's parents? He said he knew everything about certain people - okay, then! Kieran happened to look out the window, and saw that it was pouring TORRENTIAL RAIN - the four of us figured we better get a move on with us, and maybe meet Ron and Veronica halfway there before the rain made roads impassable! Someone else was supposed to go with us, but we had to leave him at the church since there was no room for him in the car once we got the luggage loaded - and there, the dream ended.


Not sure what all that could mean, although I have responded to a bunch of comments lately that originate from the journals of both Jennifers! Maybe certain things won't come to pass, maybe I have double agents in my life, maybe I've been worrying what certain people REALLY think of me (and turning it negative!), and maybe I've been thinking too much about missed opportunities in Awana! But it HAS been raining hard here in some places, although you wouldn't know it now by looking out the window! Weird stuff, at any rate... I did see Daniel in my row at church yesterday, and also saw Rich reading stuff while Hien and David ran circles around him and our group after Sunday School. Haven't thought much about punishments, Andrew, gold, or snow lately, either. Maybe this isn't a literal dream - horrors! I'll see what certain people have to say...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home