Monday, February 12, 2007

Yay for Eric being my ride home! / EVIL father!

Another day, another weird phone call from Ontario: 416-224-1061 last called me on January 31, too. Ah well, I wasn't even home to respond to this one!

I had good timing tonight because the bus pulled up RIGHT when I got to the stop! At the townhouse, my key wouldn't work for some reason... yes, it was the right one. So I rang the doorbell instead, and heard my grandma asking who it was. Dad let me in and said it was a good thing I rang the doorbell, otherwise I'd scare Big G. Haha, I wouldn't want to do that! Sister wasn't home yet so I checked out some stuff on her laptop, accidentally killing a Firefox session in the process... oops. Hopefully, she can remember what she was doing! Note to self: Use IE on Lenny, not Firefox! Then I went downstairs where my mom decided to tell me to CALL first if I was coming over because of food reasons: uh, I had no TIME to call spontaneously! My sister got home just in time for dinner, and I told her that I knew who was gonna die on the show: of course I wasn't going to tell her OR Mom! Afterwards, my parents tried telling me that I should take off my hat indoors: if I was going to do that, I wouldn't have worn it to begin with! Besides, it's MY HEAD and MY CHOICE! (now I sound like all those pro-abortion people, haha)

After eating and talking about how Karen thinks about Dylan (don't do it, Vivian!), my sister and I did as many dishes as we could in six minutes - apparently, I contributed more than my brother ever does since he gets a phone call from Harmony, and says he'll do them later. "Later" means at around 11 PM or so... mmm, yummy dishes left to soak in soap for hours! (even Pastor Edward is annoyed - that takes a LOT!) Dylan is a thorn, haha - correcting English mistakes on handouts and changing some other things on there in emails?! Oh man. Eric came over just in time to watch the show, since they were still on the previews. A certain woman character was VERY stupid: sure, you can shoot your boyfriend in the head, but don't expect to get your $7 million just because YOU deliver the package (another human being) to the terrorist. In fact, you might just get shot in the head yourself after you tell him that you don't care about the money and just want to get out of there! On another note, drills to the shoulder HURT LIKE HELL! I'm sure Jack Bauer was NOT impressed after THAT situation was defused! He got two years in China, yet Morris can't stand a few minutes?

We got to learn just how evil Jack Bauer's father was... yes, he killed his son in the last hour, but he also won't think twice about threatening his own daughter-in-law (who SHOULD have told Jack about his evil father!) OR his grandson! "Family assets / business that he spent his life building"... who the heck is it going to, you creepy old man working for the Russians?! As for the presidential aide and HIS guy, they really are unsavory characters if they want to kill the president! Damn, Jack can disarm a bomb in three minutes! (with shaky hands and instructions) I don't know about you, but I liked the Assad-Palmer exchange about culture and such. Loved it when Chloe slapped Morris! Man, what a cool two hours... especially the last few minutes!

The commercials were cool, too... there was this one with this chick working in an office environment. She sends some email to her crush, only accidentally sends it to everyone in the office. Imagine everyone's surprise when a picture of her in revealing clothing pops up on their computer screens! Dad likes the Telus commercials because of the colorful animals, while I like the popcorn shrimp one: two shrimp are eating it in the ocean, when they suddenly wonder where their kids are... WE ATE THEM ALL!!! The one for Lays curry chips led to some teasing about sending curry to Corey: Steph and Eric like calling him CURRY! There was a commercial for Windows Vista which confused Mom: "I thought it was Windows XP? My workplace still has Windows 95, and their monitors are ten years old!" Luckily, Eric was around to explain things to her: his brother might get it soon, yay Microsoft! Then we talked about Blu-Ray devices and HDTV, which seriously confused my mom... eh well. :P

I thought that we wouldn't talk about a certain subject, but Mom HAD to bring it up... then she kept touching me when I didn't want that! I'm not going to tell her that I know why certain things happened, that's for sure! Someone remind me why I go over there, then! Mom was going to keep me at the house till tomorrow ("you can sleep in Flime's bed since he's at Nathan's recording stuff for Harmony... remember, you got that silver pig!"), but thank goodness Eric offered me a ride home. Yup, he is my escape route from my crazy family! We stuck around for CSI: Miami where an investigator was in the hospital, Horatio saved the day by shooting before he got shot, two others discovered kids working in a diamond shop, and a security guard was discovered to have shot the investigator in the hospital who almost died. There was this "hello, I am stupid and brainwashed by a criminal / prisoner!" girl who was really ditzy and lied about her scars: she cut this person's handcuffs off and accidentally cut herself doing it. Before we went home, Mom wanted to talk more with me about a certain subject, so I ignored her. Maybe not the best mature way to do it (she does it way worse than I do!), but meh. I can always email my sister about Wednesday and Thursday instead! Note to self: give Steph all the birthday cards, get her to make Jon sign them, and then give them back to me / the intended recipients.

Interesting times, even if Eric wanted me to have a hot witty man by Valentine's Day! We were talking about that in the car on the way home, after he realized what he was doing when he almost went to his house. "You didn't say anything either, even though that was a [relatively] long time that I was driving... so I guess you don't exist tonight!" Dude, my only plans for that day consist of the bonding night with the girls... and you KNOW that already! It's not like I'll have any romantic prospects in 48 hours!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home