Saturday, February 10, 2007

Subway is certainly a change of pace from Pho!

Just missed the 410 this afternoon because I decided to take Eric's advice and get a bag of sour cream and onion chips, which we ended up NOT USING! Now what am I supposed to do with them besides nervously eat them during 24?! There was a pretty long line at Shoppers, too... not twenty zillion people as I told Eric it was, but I didn't have the time and patience to deal with it. Maybe next time I shouldn't take his advice, haha. After I got to Eric's car, I explained my week to him. Then he wanted to know if I was averse to Subway for dinner since he had a 2 for 1 coupon. He wasn't forcing me to have it or anything, but he didn't have to be at church ridiculously early like last week to set up for Resonate... eh, it's a change of pace from Pho! Inside the place, he asked me for $5... at first I thought I didn't have it, but I found a bill in my other jacket pocket. "See? Good things come to those who wait!" Eric joked. Hahaha, very funny! On the way to church, we listened to Team 1040's Canucks coverage and he teased me about certain subjects while he asked about my crazy week. I advised him to get gas before we went home even if he thought we had enough to make it to church, then NOT make it back afterwards. He did that, then jokingly wondered whether I'd had permission to enter his car... you know what I'm doing there, dude!

At church, we saw the humungous Daniel Fellowship committee having a meeting in the basement: it's a wonder they get anything done since there are at least 10 people there! (Daniel, Danielle, Nathan, Christon, Steph, Janette, Angus, Mike, Darren, Isabel, and others) I talked to Dylan, Eric, and Jeremy about hummus, sausage and melted cheese on crackers, Unico olives, pit warnings, sulphate (Cindy has a friend who's allergic to that stuff so she can't eat almost anything), trips, my week, Egyptian flatbread, and other such stuff before I decided to join Pat and Cindy talking about art / the Berlin Wall while I ate my dinner. (wow... that was a run-on sentence...) After the meeting was over, I asked Steph if I should reply to the Evite: yes, and she might get Vivian S. to pick me up - she'll ask. I talked to Janette for a while: she thought I was like a dollop of sunshine, probably because of my yellow shirt (almost wrote something else there, whoops), and told me about the climax to her week. She was trying to get some passport stuff done for her grandma early this morning, and was at the passport office at 7:30 - she had to get up at 6:30 or earlier! Her cell phone ran out of minutes, which wasn't good since she had to call her dad to get some info from him... of course, the phone stores aren't open at that time (maybe at 9), and the nearest 7-11 / convenience store was relatively far away! But she managed to do it after lining up for four hours and encountering other glitches! Nice to talk to her... haven't for some time. :)

Randal returned my VANCOUVER book to me while I was eating, so I told him to put it with my stuff - I know he's still working on the Zen Priest one, so no worries there! I probably sounded annoying / annoyed with a bunch of people today when I didn't really mean to because of my bad week... sorry! DAWN'S BACK! YAY! Asked her about Eni, who had returned yesterday (she got back on Saturday) - time crunch and money problems resulted in the different flights. You know it's time to get out of there and go home when the prices double in one day, and are definitely going to rise even more in the future because of Chinese New Year! Talked to Jen, who said that Andrea wasn't feeling well. Said hi to Alan, who hadn't talked to Tracy yet today since she was babysitting for a friend. Sat by Randal since I figured it was impossible to hold a conversation with him when sitting behind him, then verbally RSVP'ed to Chung and Karen's wedding / briefly described my week to Phil.

The program was pretty okay (to borrow Minli's turn of phrase), and we learned that Vivian and Eric had been designated the "official Fellowship huggers" for the year: definitely a Karen initiative! Too bad I inadvertently stepped on Eric's foot, then... but it's fine since he bugs me all the time about certain things! (not that I advocate violence as a solution!) Jen had bought carnations on Karen's behalf, which resulted in some questions by the Daniel members later. We took a group picture afterwards with the flowers, too. Talked to Randal about 24, my blog, and learning various things from his reading it a few times a week. Tried to get him interested in SLB, but turns out he doesn't like them - probably a good thing he's not coming, otherwise he might commit SLB blasphemy worse than Eddie! o_O (kidding... just!) He thinks my purple hat could be indigo! Maybe, if you look at it in a certain VERY precise light...

We joined Jeremy, Connie, Alan, Dianne, and others who were talking about switching jobs which Alan just did. Jeremy brought up his current favorite theory: we should get meat from the family pet by manipulating genes to have (let's say) beef growing from the sides of the dog! Pretty funny stuff, although I think you can only do that with plants nowadays. Stem cells are always tricky, according to Dianne. Asked Jeremy whether he was in for SLB: possibly, depending on what he's doing that night! It'll be sweet if he IS in, haha. Melia said that Henry had the flu, so wouldn't be going to Awana tomorrow - she tried getting his sister or Auntie Rebecca to drive me, but both were busy. If I decide it's too much hassle to get there, she won't hold it against me, so at least that's good... I'll let her know tomorrow! There IS Michelle, but I don't know what she's doing. More time to touch up the "cast of characters" posts, figure out what Chinese Eric is doing, do some laundry, and other stuff if I don't go, heh. (like switching offline journals?)

Alan agreed to drive Jeremy home, then Jeremy told me that Jon was supposed to call him after he was finished. Maybe his forum went overtime, but he was supposed to drop by the church... he did, later. Karen complimented him on his brown jacket, and gave a carnation to Christon. Talked to Nathan about Ellen, said hi to Cordia / Quan / Stanley, told Karen that I was going to call her but didn't (she wants me to?!), and did other sundry things before finally inching our way toward the door. By this time, Jon was already talking to Harmony on the phone, but he could do that in the car too. On the way home, my sibs and Eric bugged me about certain subjects (which resulted in much screaming) and reminded me to get an uneviction notice IN WRITING / be proactive about the whole thing. Man, I suck at that... but I will certainly try! (Monday it is!)

I yelled an apology to Harmony towards the backseat: Jon explained the screaming in the background while talking about his Toronto plans for when they'll be together again in less than a week. When bitter melon was brought up, Eric declared it to be awesome the one time he tried it - some people find it refreshing, but the bitterness is avoidable! (as per Steph) Eric also said that the Committee meeting on Monday went till 12:30 AM... NOT GOOD! The Daniel Committee has way more than four people, and yet the meeting today went from 6:30 to 7:15! Thank goodness his parents recorded 24 for him - he'll be over on Monday to watch the TWO HOURS! (Mom thought Eric would come in halfway through... I think he knows better than that, especially since both Steph and I reminded him!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home