Sunday, February 18, 2007

I think I should do something with Grandma since she's given me $80 in a week!

Yay for fail-safe plans... they rock! Hey, it's also the year of the Golden Pig... 60 years! :D

My sister showed up with breakfast for me, how nice! Discussed the week's plans on the way to church, and told Mom to tell Grandma NOT TO LOCK THE TOP LOCK tomorrow... I won't be able to get in the house otherwise, and I'll have to kill time till 6:30 or 7 then! Big G is paranoid even though the townhouse complex is safe and there are other neighbors around to look out for bad people! She apparently sits downstairs all day just in case someone shows up... and has locked Mom and Steph out on separate occasions when she was in the shower or something. Steph had to go to Ironwood and buy something at London Drugs to kill time, and was NOT impressed! Then Mom told me that Grandma wanted to go on a bus tour with me this week: NO MORE, ESPECIALLY WITH NO NOTICE! Dad understood that she meant "go around on the local buses" instead: PHEW! I can do that, but no guarantee that we won't GET LOST! (note to self: do the dishes for her since her vision is slipping and she misses more dirty spots than we normally would)

At church, the Chinese service was late getting out as usual. Sam made a comment to this effect, and I told him that we never started on time these days! (unfortunately) Said hi and Happy New Year to various people as they came in, asked Hannah and Priscilla what they'd done yesterday, and did nothing more than exchange greetings with Randal since he was doing the sound. Good thing he didn't ask about something, because Christon still has it according to my sister... maybe if I tell him that someone is WAITING for it, hahaha. (I can be a bully when I want!) Once the crowd of people started to thin out a little, I went into the sanctuary and chatted with Hien and David: they hadn't bought anything yesterday at some mall, but seemed to have an okay time there. Natalie told me that she was crazy for some odd reason: at least she admitted it, haha! By that time, Jeremy and his family (plus someone else) had taken over half a pew: Jeremy knew I wanted them to move down, though! Waved hi to his parents, and his brother introduced me to his Winnipeg friend Jen who was visiting them from Kelowna. Must have been one crowded apartment at Jeremy's!

Mark asked where Jon was, so Jeremy and I told him. Shook hands with a bunch of people, and agreed with Jeremy's assessment of today's passage as "the fun one"... hey, it DID have all these names which are generally hard to pronounce! Sam read them all with confidence (on Phil's advice) and made no mistakes: yay, SAM! He and I both shared an amused laugh when someone's shoes squeaked VERY audibly on the floor... sorry, but it IS funny! Went out the back way and said hi to a few of the kids downstairs. Followed Mark Ho out the back door of the church to the parking lot, said hi to Jeremy's parents, and gave Sheena her birthday card. Tony, Jeremy, and I tried explaining to his family what SLB were, and how it became a quarterly tradition to eat as many steamers as possible. "Pork! Soup! Dumplings! Gelatin! I didn't show them the pictures since they're still on my camera! Did you eat twice as many as I did? Yes, we get VERY full on them! Man, I don't have the scoresheet anymore!"

When they left to go have lunch, I said hi to Tim and his son Joshua. One of these days, I should ask Tim whether his dad owns the OUT OF AFRICA shop: I swear that man there looked JUST like his dad, whom I've only met twice or so, but still. Talked briefly to Andrea, Angus, Melia, Steph, and Chung: a purse broken because it was liked SO much, verbal RSVP to the wedding, our weeks, and lunch. Nathan (who had a pair of pants for Daniel and Michelle - not here) and I got involved in a discussion with Tony about financial stewardship / church subsidies for the Mexico missions trip this summer: it's admirable that he wants to pay for it all himself, but the church WILL subsidize him if he REALLY needs it! ("I'm going to go up to my manager tonight and tell him that my shifts will help people in Mexico!") Went to the toddler Sunday School, where only Sean and Rachel were there. Pretty lo-fi class, heh. Rachel was waving a toy stick around and exclaiming "Abracadabra!" when it was time to clean up, so I suggested that she use her magic to clean up: Auntie Bessy said that was a good idea, heh. I don't do it for the praise, but it's good to know you're recognized on occasion.

After that, I went to lunch at the Trocadero: Uncle Sam's mom treated at LEAST 40 people, so that was insane! Finally got a chance to hug Clement hello and say hi to his older brother Justin since they haven't been to church in some time... Steph and I also talked to their cousins Karen and Elisyn about Jon and Harmony (who should have daughters named Melody and Cadence if it gets that far) / models / news. We were introduced to some more cousins and extended family by Auntie Susanna, and I remarked to Steph that Uncle Sam's brother Edmond looked like Gabriel's dad Uncle Eugene! If I didn't know better, I'd wonder what he was doing at the restaurant, haha. Dad also thought the same when I mentioned it to him, heh. Karen's daughters Mariah and Sydney have grown a lot since we saw them last, and appeared to be pretty shy. Asked Danny how he was feeling after I whacked him with the door: he was fine, haha. SO MUCH PRE-ORDERED FOOD! Lamb, feta cheese, olives, cabbage rolls, lemon chicken, pizza, rice, potatoes, garlic bread, and other things were all consumed... man, I can eat dinner leisurely now!

On the way home, Mom wondered if a car ahead of us was Eric's. Steph said it was since she could read the last three letters of the license plate AND recognize the car: that's what laser eye surgery will do for you! We wanted to alert him to our presence through various lane changes, but were separated when he went through a light which turned red when we approached. Oh well, Steph and I will interrogate him Jack Bauer-style tomorrow night, haha... or maybe not, since I'm sure he can fight us off. It's fun to joke about that, however. She told me that Grandma calls Vivian "White Girl," which is just about accurate... I still think Jeremy's nickname of "Bearded Man" is the most hilarious! Since Karen and Ivan are on vacation somewhere till March 4, she's obviously not going to dinner with her. Checked my email when I got home: Sean thanked me for the birthday card I'd sent. Apparently, I was the only one (again) to send him one... hey, it's what I do! Speaking of Eric, he just emailed me to bring up something / someone that is NOT germane to a discussion currently going on between us! I bet he wants me to talk about a certain subject: well, I ain't biting! Cheh... crazy person, he is. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home