Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wrong information, Exacto knives, and accidentally hitting Danny with the front door

When Henry picked me up, I thanked him for the ride and asked what he did today: worked at a coffee shop (where he's been for a couple of months) and had lunch. He was earlier than either of us thought... when he said "majorly late," I thought he would get to my place at 4! Good thing we were earlier, haha. He remembered that he couldn't drive me next week, but could drive me back home from the Awana Leader Dinner: he was given the wrong information by Chris, who told him that it was at Anita's! I thought it was in the basement or somewhere on church grounds as usual, but the location could have changed in the week we both weren't there! We passed Chris on the bridge, and both of us waved to him. Once we got to church, I said hi to Margaret, who had apparently put gel on her bangs. Then I made a point of asking Auntie Rebecca where the dinner next week would be - when she said it was in the basement, I was like: "SEE, Henry? I TOLD YOU SO! Go do something to Chris later!" (I couldn't say "kill" or "beat up" because of all the kids around :P)

I told Melia that I needed a ride next week, and she suggested that I ask Michelle: she could do it, and gave me both her home and cell numbers in case I'd lost them. (I had her home number, but not her cell) Talked to little Wilson and Rachel briefly: that dragon dance at Coquitlam Mall sounded fun! Some of the kids were in shiny new outfits for Chinese New Year, and they did some crafts for it today too. Amos and I both wondered why the Christmas candy was out, and received the answer that the candy was too old to keep around for long even though it expires in October: free candy for the leaders? SCORE! We worked together at Auntie Vivian's direction to get the tape and mini-gifts of stockings / snowmen / candy off candy canes. He asked if I wanted to use the Exacto knife, but I figured he better use it or else I'd cut myself... maybe not, but you never know with my bad coordination sometimes!

Talked to Andrew for a bit about Chinese New Year: seems his cousin was just sitting there at some family dinner EXPECTING lucky money... he got scolded for not greeting various family members, haha. Luckily, Andrew has more sense, even if he WAS jokingly asking me and Auntie Vivian for red envelope money! Auntie Vivian just laughed him off, while I reacted similarly since I'm not married yet! (but then the teen girls were doing that to Anita last year since she was married the previous year!) Lots of dinners / feasts / eating, for sure... I went around to see what Ian was doing with his pencil and pig. When Tina was finished gluing the pig to the pencil with the glue gun, he tried getting his leader Mike's attention. So I told him to go wash his hands while telling Mike that he was done, and he asked me which washroom he should use: eh, the usual one!

I went to the bathroom as an excuse to wash my hands with the orange pumice gel: Chrystal agrees that it's pretty cool. Could definitely use some in our places, haha. Later, Andrew asked what the "cleaning smell" was: Amos, Jason, Golden, and I had NO idea! (it certainly wasn't Purell, hehe) People teased Henry about his age and birthday beats later since his birthday was the day after Valentine's Day. On the way out, I didn't realize that Danny was behind one of the front doors, so I accidentally hit his head with the door! Benedict termed that "awesome," and I asked whether Danny was okay: he seemed to be, so that was fine. Chris and Henry did some playfighting on the way to his car, and Vivian had to tell them to watch out several times since we were right behind them! Ah, boys will be boys...

Well, I'm hungry now... time to eat some salmon! Or maybe noodles, I dunno...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home