Friday, February 16, 2007

Here's to Kim Jong-Il and idiot broadcasters! (only not really)

Waited 20 minutes for Eric, and his explanation was that he forgot about a file that had to be on his USB port. (Driver? Meh.. if Corey were online - which he isn't, I've checked - he'd tell me that I'm using the wrong terminology, but whatever...) I was going to ask whether he couldn't check that at home, but figured it was for tonight's meeting. We listened to the hockey game, and he decided that it was MY fault when Chicago scored to make it 1-0.... yeah sure! It also apparently was my fault when Matt Cooke broke a 15-game scoring drought to tie the game 1-1, but he emphasized that it was a GOOD THING! I decided to head things off at the pass by bringing up a certain subject: there'll be discussion whether I do a certain thing or not, as I've learned these past couple of weeks. Eric says the only way to stop it is to do something else which I don't really foresee myself doing, however. He also brought up more things that I haven't seen yet - if he's going to do this regularly, I might have to change the day I do something on a weekly basis! No, I don't think I do "selective viewing" of webpages! :P

Due to the delay, we got to the church late: he told me to sit down in a chair while he did some stuff downstairs. At first, I sat next to Raymond since it was the closest empty seat, but then switched seats after singing so I was sitting next to Jeremy and near Chung / Phil / Vivian / Rich / Billy. Why not sit near people that I know well? *grin* I told Phil that Jon had left for Toronto this morning, and he said that he'd eaten fried chicken alone at home since Grace is still in Chicago: he is leaving soon to be with her for 12 days, and sent a Valentine's Day card which got there in time! (phew) Signed Fellowship birthday cards for Lesley and Ivan, and got many handouts for the meeting... these included three different versions of the budget, haha. We laughed at the directions on the slide which told us to take a deep breath before the last line of the birthday song for Dylan, Lesley, and Ivan... Jeremy joked that he'd actually sing it, hehe. Jen thought it was MY birthday, and asked me about it: mine was in September (she attended the celebration for that!) and we spell our names differently too! Imagine if the spellings were the same... eep.

Karen's blurb for Dylan included how he loved Committee meetings so much that he attended one on his own birthday... this is true! Lesley thanked us and brought up Kim Jong-Il, whose birthday is also today: we should remember that many North Koreans and others died because of his birth, haha. I turned to Jeremy and said that I'd heard earlier that the dictator's birthday was today: we both wondered what Jon would make of it were he there, heh. I was definitely wondering the same thing when Karen told us that the last birthday belonged to a man who was so much like her brother, but that you couldn't marry your brother! Jeremy remarked to me that you could do that maybe in the Deep South, haha. SO TRUE!

Rich and Jeremy did what they wanted with certain motions, we discussed the long-promised and just now-delivered Fellowship directory (I saved one for Jon because he's on the list now!), and Jeremy noted the early trend of the meeting: "Alan moving, and Ivan seconding... it's like they're the only two people here!" I was surprised I was on the minutes of the last meeting as a seconder, but I guess I did do that at some point. Andrea, Jeremy, Connie, Rich and others got some motioning / seconding action in later, so that was fine! Someone asked Billy where Stella was: she can't make it anymore because Fellowship plays havoc with Benjamin's sleep schedule... so does church, but one day to get up earlier than 9:30-10 AM is better than TWO! At least I gave him birthday cards for himself, Benjamin, and Eddie while I saw him in line for the food, haha. Dianne passed me another piece of pavlova cake (no flour?!), Randal passed me a plate (when they were right in front of me, nice!), and Maisie passed us some mini cookies.

Talked briefly to Jen and Dawn: Dawn had a present for Steph, who couldn't make it tonight since her co-workers were treating her to dinner / drinks somewhere. (she texted both Eric and her committee about this earlier) So that present went to me: I certainly will make it to church on Sunday if Dawn won't / can't, heh. While the meeting was going on, we had pizza / cookies / birthday cake / fruit. Jeremy looked pretty tired, but he DID get up at 5:45 AM to make it to work by 7:25... that early schedule has its pros and cons! Rich ducked out for a bit, and said he knew the hockey score when he got back. He talked to Phil and Chung about Jonathan: yeah, he DOES have this anger thing going on that even his mom notices! (one could argue he's always been like that, but maybe he DOES need a special Bible Study?) Later, he and I encouraged Jeremy to just say what was on his mind about a certain budget item: he's a member and could do so even as a non-member! (but we all know being a member gives you more cachet, haha)

After the meeting, some Daniel girls came upstairs to see what was going on. Vania took home some pizza, and I talked to her about HAPPY KING, which is the restaurant near T&T where we went for lunch on Sunday. (Karen Lew thought I meant some place in Metrotown, heh) Dylan offered me some of the whole pizza that he had leftover when I asked him what sort it was (vegetarian pesto?), but I figured I didn't really need it... imagine trying to carry a gift bag, a mini body bag, AND a pizza box! Oh no, he could have it as far as I was concerned! Dawn asked about my moving situation, and I told her that it was resolved: ten days to move out from the time you've found a place and kinda packed, sure! Ten days to look for a place, pack, AND move?! NO FREAKIN' WAY!

Jeremy went out and came back in since he thought he left his Bible at church. He had it in his bag all along, so he left again to bike home in the drizzle. I told him that it was raining when we got to the church, but I didn't know about now. Vania admired the artsy picture of the cross on the wall: ah, those Chinese Congregation people! Someone asked where my sister was, so Eric and I said that she was doing something for her birthday. Karen Choo wondered when Steph's birthday was: today! She felt bad that she didn't know till just then, but my sister's probably not one to broadcast it to all and sundry. (I was, way back in the day... but not now since I'm old :P) When she left, she said that we ought to do a meal out someday because it had been a long time since we'd done that: sure, I'd like that!

Downstairs, Eric asked Chung if he'd received his RSVP: he had, but was a little confused as to how he'd gotten the email address. He pointed to me, and I explained to Karen So that Eric had contacted me over MSN after Fellowship last week to ask how he was supposed to RSVP when he couldn't find it on the wedding invitation! Luckily, I had the version with the email address on it: once I gave that to him and he replied, he said he had to sleep! (apparently there were three different versions of the thing) We also discussed multigrain pizza with Dylan before heading our separate ways: Lesley thought that Eric could go out for coffee with Dylan / Karen / Chung, but he can't HAVE any! (and he wanted to go home anyhow) On the way home, Eric stopped to fill up and joked that I'd be blogging all night at the townhouse if / when I happened to stay over. Probably not, but you never know! I told him that my parents SAID they were going on vacation, but that they didn't know where they were going or even IF they'd go! He then gave me a dubious look: yeah, I share that "..... okay....." emotion! Then we talked more about a certain subject: you wish that something would happen, dude! Probably not going to, and if it does, it's certainly not going to be as a result of blog entries! At least he saved a penny on gas!

Of course I'll be over for 24 on Monday barring bus problems, no matter the vacation status! We officially found out that the Canucks won 2-1 in a shootout over the Blackhawks... Trevor Linden and Brendan Morrison scored in that extra time. Jan Bulis made Roberto Luongo do a BIG SAVE when he turned over the puck to the opposition's Martin Havlat with five seconds left in OT... do you have a HOCKEY BRAIN?! Eric apologized to me for yelling at "the idiot Team 1040 broadcasters" because they said that Bulis was brought back up from the minors when he really recovered from an injury - they told their listeners other wrong information too, but I forgot what it was. No worries, since I go all ranty on the stupid idiots who use incorrect spelling and grammar, especially if they're simple errors that an elementary school student could understand! Now I need to go sleep myself, since I think I have to bus it tomorrow. If I get up early enough, I can even see if there's any discounted chocolate left at the store! I think Henry said he'd be around to give me a ride home... yes, he did. As long as I have a ride home, it's all good... and I'll ask about the ride situation tomorrow, haha. (he may have told me, and I forgot...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home