Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ride options, serial killer movies, getting electrocuted, and gore

I called Melia earlier, but Phil said she was busy doing the dishes. She called me back later, and I presented my problem to her... she wanted to know whether I preferred her to call other people for me, or whether I could do that. Being me, I said that I preferred her to do that. She said she'd see if Auntie Rebecca could drive me, and called me back yet again to say that normally it would be okay for her... but there was a meeting this week. She's going to talk to Michelle (Ryan and Ethan's mom) or Teresa (Gwyneth and Evelyn's mom) to see if they could drive me back, and asked if I felt more comfortable with either of them... I know Michelle a bit better, but it doesn't really matter to me! This week, I think I'm going to have to bribe either of my siblings into driving me back home / to another place afterwards! That'll be a true joy... not!

I was telling Corey what happened, and he told me Henry was a serial killer! His evidence: Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986) and Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Part 2 - Mask of Sanity (1998), both of which he has and needs to watch. I remember reading about Henry Lee Lucas and his partner in crime Ottis Toole a LONG time ago in Law 12!

Now Eric M. wants me to take a shower... my MSN name of "skin smell" is just random, dude! :P

Edit: Steph is skiing in Kamloops till Sunday evening and can't believe I forgot about that. Jon is on the phone with Harmony, and says that he plans to see Curse of the Golden Flower / teach / go to a concert without a car. He wanted to know if Eric had said anything about ping-pong: he never does till the day of the event! (all he's doing is denying various things, AND playing games with his friend Korey) Dad says the latest he wants to leave work at church is 4:30 or 5, which wouldn't make much sense since Awana starts at 4:15! At this point, I was thinking I'd stay home instead... again. :P

Mom seems to think I can bus to / have someone drop me off at Langara, where I can read in the comfortable lounge till she gets off work and can drive me home. Knowing her, that'll result in more clusterfudge where I have to stay for dinner and then stay overnight. She also tried to interest me in lunch at Yaohan tomorrow or the next day: probably not a good idea! Melia did say she'd totally drive me home if worse came to worse, so I'll just need to take that option... all I have to do is guide her around Richmond since she doesn't know the city very well. I shouldn't leave it till I see her at ping-pong tomorrow, so I'll call her now... she'll try getting Michelle to do it, and if not, she'll drive me home. Phew!


Today's Live Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

Five workers at a Thailand factory were electrocuted when a live lead from a radio fell into a pickled mango storage tank. Workers were removing mangoes at the time. One was electrocuted instantly and the others died as they tried to help their colleagues.

Culled from: Strange Deaths

**********************************************************************

See, this is a good example of how important it is in life to have morbid obsessions. When I was a kid, one of my favorite books to look through was an old First Aid book. I was fascinated by the pictures, which depicted potential hazards that one might stumble across in life, and I was particularly entranced by the photos of what to do in case of an electrocution. They showed someone laying across a live wire, and someone else taking a wooden broom handle and using it to move the first person off the wire. Now I naturally carry a wooden broom handle wherever I go, just in case this situation should reveal itself. I also carry several long sleeved shirts tied together in case I need to rescue someone from an icy pond. Yes, I have learned my lessons well.

*******

Ghastly!

Goreking.Com is a great forum on which to find the latest disturbing images. Squeamish need not apply!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home