Monday, January 15, 2007

"Jack Bauer makes me fat!"

24 tonight was AWESOME! I missed the bus that was supposed to take me to the place where I'd meet Eric on time, by seconds! But I figured I'd take the next one... while waiting, I finished off a bunch of sesame sticks that had been in the huge snack bag my mom gave me recently. Once I got off the next bus, I saw Eric at the bus stop in his yellow jacket: he said that he was there in case I needed help, so I thanked him for that. I barely needed any, but it was cool to have him there for me anyhow. In the car, we listened to a bunch of Vancouver Canucks hockey coverage which included terrific homer calls by announcers and one that made NO sense at all... like in the Canucks' 6-1 win over Toronto on the weekend: two goals 13 seconds apart? Sweet! (they're in Montreal tomorrow, but the Habs won't be happy since they lost to Detroit tonight) He mentioned that he'd had time to adjust to my being crazy, haha... and wondered why Isabel and I wouldn't play ping-pong on Friday: BECAUSE WE SUCK! (sure he sucks at table tennis too, relative to a Wimbledon champ... but still)

Jon let us in and asked if we were repeating yesterday's break-in techniques since I rang one doorbell, and Eric knocked on the door. Nah, but it was a good thing Mr. To wasn't home last night since there'd been no silver Caddy in evidence! Once we took off our shoes, Eric wondered what sort of meeting was going on if Sam and Joey were playing Dragon Ball Z! Jon, Christon, Eric, Joey, Sam, and Nathan quickly shifted into "meeting mode" - of course I knew that I didn't have to participate in their meeting, but my brother told me that anyhow. (I'm not THAT clueless, I hope...) For my eight dollars, I got five pieces of pizza (including two spicy ones) / two lettuce leaves / one cinnamon stick / a since-finished bottle of water from the kitchen since I finished the one I brought from home while eating the pizza! I figured that was pretty good, and answered the door when Steph got there at around 7 since the guys were discussing worship team dynamics. Went into Isabel's room for a while to ask how often she went home: on the weekends, but sometimes her family's not there! Oh well... the room looks nice, though!

The guys talked about less paperwork and photocopying (the codes are listed in the copy room - "I want to be... the Mandarin service today, and not the Daniel Fellowship!"), the Book of Common Prayer / being liturgical / consistency, Powerpoint, getting webspace (not necessarily on the church website since CCLI might hold the church liable for copyright issues) / a Gmail account to host a LOT of song MP3s and such (Mike would know about that!), hanging out with people, people doing too much (Floodlight / Resonate / Sunday service / Awana / various committees), and Ivan's mom being hardcore about his marks. He's on two worship teams so he has an excuse to get out of the house (especially now), but he should honor his parents in this case... his friends will find legitimate ways to give him a break, for sure!

I learned from Joey that Chris gets emo sometimes during practices and such (for example, refusing to play drums): Nathan had to ask what that was when Joey brought that up, haha! Then someone said that Chris had a legitimate reason to say, "You went to Pho without ME?!" So that set off another tangent... and there were plenty of digressions and such! Someone went on an age-related one about drinking beer / wine. The wine was bad at the dinner yesterday because Christon could taste the alcohol - even with his very limited knowledge, he knew it wasn't great! But you can't do that for hangout time since it looks bad after a CHURCH-related function... and when some people - Ivan, Stanley, Margaret, Mike, Joey's sister Emily, etc. - are under 19! Then there was the one Sam started about how J-Mak is totally addicted to Facebook now because the guys started a group there: THE MANHON (Mark Ho) FAN CLUB! He says that there are about 70 people in that group, and most of them don't know Mark... good times! Also, he says that Jon shouldn't join the site in general because it's way too addicting: okay, I'll take that as a warning for myself too! ;)

After she finished dinner upstairs, Steph joined us and found a book of Nathan's on financial accounting which he got for only six dollars - she is a GEEK! (but it IS sorta related to her work right now?) The guys FINALLY wrapped up at around 8, and we looked at the time... one minute after 8?! DARN PRAYER! :P (good thing the show was just recapping what went on beforehand!) Joey and Sam tried leaving as quietly as they could, and Isabel joined us. She tried doing homework when the commercials came on, but that didn't work out too well. Steph complained after the first hour that Jack Bauer made her fat because she needed to munch on something to calm her nerves. That show IS one for the "NO! DON'T DO IT! STUPID PEOPLE!" moments, heh. (boy, president, "loyal" person from Ally McBeal, etc.) We saw the news synopsis, and complained about the expected 10 centimetres of snow overnight... that'll make everything hellish!

We knew something was up when the camera pointed to the back of a bus for more than a second. (you know you've been watching too many of these types of shows when you wonder whether your car will explode if you start it, for example!) Then we found out that someone was a TRAITOR - no wonder they made eye contact! Certain civilian incidents were pretty tense, and Jack broke down at the end of the second hour... then he saw something that would make him want to continue his work. Man, those developments and twists were gripping! So many character developments and emotion in that show... too bad I can't tell you more! I'd find communities and such dealing with it, but I dunno.

Steph loves how Isabel and I instantly got addicted - Season 6 converts, we are! (Christon is Season 4 after seeing Season 3 in one day at Eddie's, and Eric is Season 5) She wondered if Jon would be coming with us, but he's sleeping over at Nathan's... fair enough! Christon said that he was reading recaps of the shows yesterday since he missed it to go to a boring dinner by the head chef of Bacchus (where his dad works) - he didn't want to see old people dancing to Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back! Then he read some spoilers for tonight's episodes... hey, I looked at Wikipedia articles for the show and avoided reading the spoilers for all the other seasons! :P (my mom taped last night's stuff for him, so that's good!) Last night, my mom apparently tried to pretend she didn't watch the show when Jon and Steph came home: she thought the biting scene was gross, and didn't watch the "stab in knee" scene since she was covering her eyes!

We dropped Christon off at Granville / 41st before going home to Richmond ourselves. ("I EXIST!" near the turn to get on Gilbert, haha) A lot of shows these days make a big thing out of continuity - you miss a LOT if you can't catch an episode! (Steph can only handle one show like that) My sister tried watching Lost once in the middle of the season last year, and didn't understand it since you had to be hooked from the beginning. Stuff like ER has subplots and such, but you can miss an episode or two and not miss a big chunk of the plotline. Or you can watch the SIMPSONS, and not have any continuity at all, haha. Steph and Eric said that the head of the CTU didn't have very good job security.... OR life security! We wondered if a certain character was really dead since you never know with these shows, but we knew he was: Jack Bauer does NOT miss when he shoots! (besides, we could see the character dying... and Jack puking afterwards) They can't kill another character because the show hasn't explored emotional attachments to others, haha. (Chloe is my sister's favorite!)

Now we all have to wait another week for more! Steph thought I'd go to Nathan's every week - I love Nathan and his place, but NO. Isabel can watch it with Nathan, and I will watch it at the townhouse! Supposedly, I can bus over earlier and have dinner with them at 7-ish since the show starts at 9 on Mondays. (it's only on at 10 if you watch Global) Nathan was trying to get Isabel and Steph addicted to HEROES as well, because that's a show with an invincible cheerleader / a scientist who can bend time and space / other interesting characters!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home