Saturday, January 27, 2007

He unfriended me randomly... what should I do? / GIANT box of chocolates!

With Jim (harryroberts / kodyscott) unfriending me SUDDENLY FOR NO REASON, this means that now I have to do a bunch of work on my BootyBase: delete his email address, various instant message contacts, physical address (even though that includes his sister Catherine - geordiecat76), and stats. Not sure what I should do with the postcards and friendship placards that he sent me, though... maybe I'll keep the postcards even though they mention "being friends forever." As for the friendship placards, I suppose I'll figure out what to do with them later as I still carry them in my wallet and have since I got them in 2004! (the only problem is that they're obviously from the UK, and I've never been there!)

When he picked me up, Henry asked whether I still needed him to give me a ride back from church. Yep, even though that required a bit of a schedule change on his part because he was supposed to tutor some girl in biology afterwards. I was just fine with leaving right away when things were done! He told me that his Fellowship program had been a presentation on five world religions: sounds like interesting stuff to learn! I told him that our groups had gone to MissionsFest, which is why half the usual people weren't at church last night... of course, I included the traffic story / Steamworks stuff for flavor. He asked how it was, so I told him about that Darfur story: "Darfur is EVIL!" I quite agree, my friend! That made him want to go to MissionsFest, so he asked when everything closed at Canada Place: 10 tonight, and 5 tomorrow. Not sure he can go now, but maybe next year?

At church, Ian and Sean's dad came up to give me the dues money of a dollar per kid - he handed me a toonie ($2 coin), and said that it was for both kids. I was quite surprised, as Sean definitely was NOT ready for Awana when he'd tried it back in October or late September! He was having a tantrum on the floor during the flag ceremony because (I now think) he wasn't used to so many people or the routine or all the lights on at once in the basement. His mom had tried to contain him, but no luck there. Apparently, now his parents think he could be ready since he managed fairly well when they went to Hong Kong over the holidays... cool stuff!

Later, Amos and I saw this HUGE box of assorted chocolates! Auntie Vivian said that Julie C.'s mom Auntie Tonya had given it to us, which meant that I wouldn't be able to partake in it... oh well. When I say "huge," I mean it: it was 1.4 kilograms, when you can normally get them in 400-600 gram boxes at the store! I wonder where she got it from... maybe Costco, haha. I'll ask her when I see her next if I remember, since she wasn't feeling well today. Jason came up to us later and said that Andrew got OWNED because Auntie Rebecca caught him eating gummy candy when he wasn't supposed to, and lectured him... whoops! Dude, at least stick with gum or abstain from eating till 6!

Afterwards, I saw Sean coming downstairs and going straight for the red / Cubbies line: hey, that's pretty good! I yelled for his older brother Ian, who of course didn't answer me. Telling Henry to hold on one second, I went over to Ian and told him to watch his brother, turning him around so he could see Sean standing there all alone. I didn't have time to talk to them, but it didn't matter since their dad was there to pick them up. On the way home, Henry called the girl he was supposed to tutor and said he'd be a bit late. After waiting in FOGGY conditions on Knight St., the girl called him back: they rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, the AGM will be done by 4!

Speaking of the AGM, Nathan sent us a suggestion: since there's a Canucks game on tomorrow, he wants us to start the movie right after the meeting at 4 or 5 PM. He thinks we should have enough time to watch the game at 7, and make it a double-bill. That COULD work out except someone has to buy dinner ingredients if we're still making dinner! Or we could always order a whole bunch of pizza... guess we'll see how things go with that!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home