Thursday, January 25, 2007

Refreshing suicide bombers, rides to MissionsFest, KFC Crispy Strips

Christon will be there on Sunday since he says he needs something to refresh himself after the AGM. Not sure if watching stuff about suicide bombers does that for me, but it COULD be refreshing to others! Then again, I may just want to blog before stuff leaves my head, haha. I *could* take notes during the meeting about what's in my head / what happened up to certain points of the day, however.

I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize on my Caller ID, so I left it alone after investigating my BootyBase and finding no matches. Imagine my surprise when the same number called again at 10:11. I decided that whoever was at the number must want something, as opposed to being random apartment complex residents buzzing my number simply to get into the building, which has happened before. Pressed "dial" on my phone, and asked "Who called me?" when someone answered. (sounds kinda blunt, but it's the way to go! :P)

Turned out to be Randal, who was confirming that I still needed a ride out tomorrow to MissionsFest. That was good of him to do, so I said that I'd meet him at 5 since it was rush hour AND there was a Canucks-Kings game on here, which I confirmed later. (note to self: WEAR JERSEY!) After we get to Canada Place, we'll meet Karen and Andrea for dinner in that vast food court: it could be useful, as I said to him! That sounds like a plan then, although he thinks that he made firm plans at the ping-pong night. I've learned not to view anything as "set in stone" unless it's confirmed, haha. He better have my address too, but he can call me if he doesn't. Now I've updated my BootyBase to reflect the new information as well, heh.

Right after that, Jon called to say that Eric was driving tomorrow to MissionsFest. I knew that, but always assumed he was going straight from work, as that was the case in previous years when I didn't go. It was his turn to be surprised when I said that I already had a ride and had just made plans with the person. He thought it was someone from the SDMB... oh no, I haven't really been to that board in FOREVER! Besides, why would THEY go there?! (judging from what I've seen on there, anyhow!) Of COURSE it would be a church person that drove me there... *rolleyes* Crazy brother I have... then he said stuff about pooping at the same time as someone else, so I told him to look at my Olympic pooping icon! (haha) After that, I told him that I needed a shower so I was going to hang up on him. Should be cool and interesting tomorrow, and this breaks my three-year streak of not going to MissionsFest... whee! :D (haven't been there since 2003, when a few of us went to the 24-hour Pho place afterwards!)


KFC Crispy Strips

The Colonel used to sell chicken nuggets that were tasty, but he thought: "Why not prepare fresh chicken strips of all-white meat?" That is how the Colonel's Crispy Strips were born. You will notice it is the same as the Extra Crispy.

1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder

Cut 6 chicken breasts into strips, or you can buy chicken tenders in the store. Marinate them overnight. Preheat the shortening in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees. Beat 1 egg and 1 cup of milk. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture. Dip the chicken into the coating and then double-dip. Fry in fryer a few at a time till they are golden brown, for about 5 minutes or until they float. Remove the chicken to a rack and allow to drain for 5 minutes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home