Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cans of chicken stew do NOT belong in the fridge! / Sinkings, schizophrenia, chocolate skulls

I must be losing it already... tonight, I'd opened up a can of chicken stew to eat. After I'd finished with it, I was about to put the empty can in the fridge when I realized what I was doing! No, I didn't have anything else to put back in the fridge... o_O


Today's Sunk Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

The Wilhelm Gustloff was a passenger ship built by the Blohm and Voss shipyards, and was named after the Nazi Wilhelm Gustloff. It was launched on May 5, 1937. On a mission to help evacuate Germans trapped by the Red Army in East Prussia, it was hit by three torpedoes from a Soviet submarine in the Baltic Sea on the night of January 30, 1945. The sinking remains the worst disaster in maritime history — it left over 9,000 people dead, more than half of them children.

Culled from: Wikipedia
Generously suggested by: Jeff

**********************************************************************

And to think I've never even heard of this tragedy before! Amazing to think I still have so much to learn about this morbid world...

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Mr. USA has a movie recommendation for us:

"I happened to see Tarnation tonight... totally bizarre, thought you might like it."

The synopsis sounds promising:

"Filmmaker Jonathan Caouette's documentary (an admixture of snapshots, Super-8 footage, answering machine messages, video diaries, early short films and more) about growing up with his schizophrenic mother is culled from the 19 years of his life dealing with her illness. By turns, Caouette is ambivalent about his mother, expressing both love and pain and, bravely, the fact that there's more than one truth on view here."

Tarnation (2003)

*******

Morbid Trinket Du Jour!

Who among us could resist a delicious blend of Belgian white and milk chocolates cast from an actual human skull? Not a living soul, I would assume! Unfortunately, my eyes are far bigger than my pocketbook in this case... but perhaps you have room to splurge?

Thanks to Chuck for the link.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home