Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dreaming of vermicelli and runaway potatoes

I went back to sleep and had a weird dream during my nap... what else is new? Dreamed that there was this family with the most adorable kids: they had one kid that was a year older than a set of quadruplets among them, and they'd lost one kid due to a rare disease not too long ago. Now one of the quads was having trouble, and the family was in the hospital 24/7. My family met this family when my brother was in the hospital due to some trouble with his gut. Grandma was complaining about how confusing the quadruplets were, but we told her to deal with it!

Nathan and Eric showed up when I was trying to go to the hospital floor from a hole in the ground, but I was having trouble and had to ask a doctor to help me. Then I decided to consume some food, but soon was freaked out because one of the little potato balls on my plate grew tiny wings and feet. It scurried off my plate and hid in the corridors because a lettuce leaf (also on my plate) had grown much bigger and was trying to devour it. My brother and Mom wondered why I wouldn't eat my food: they thought I was kidding / making stuff up at first until I showed them the petrified potato ball hiding in a corner of the hospital room. One of the kids in the large family wanted to eat the lettuce leaf (human always wins in this type of battle), but it refused to be chased down.

My sister showed up in the middle of all this, and brought that day's comics for us to read. It was a blend of For Better or Worse and Garfield, with Jon Arbuckle and Elly Patterson lying out on deck chairs. (Garfield, Odie, Farley, and the kids were in the background) Jon was trying to convince Elly that a trip to New Jersey would be better than a trip to Manitoba. By the end of the strip, Jon had told Elly the real reason why he wanted to go to New Jersey: so he could renew the romance in their marriage. Elly was like "And I didn't want you to go to Jersey because my parents are ill in Manitoba?! Oh, JON! Of COURSE we'll go there!" (screwed-up reasoning right there, man... but this is my dream :P) Then Garfield jumped on the newspapers in Jon's lap, and suddenly Jon couldn't even kiss Elly because "NOW I'M SUDDENLY THINKING ABOUT SEX, GUITARS, AND DEATH METAL LIKE GWAR!!! GARFIELD!"

After that, the quadruplet who was being treated in the hospital suddenly got a bit worse, but stabilized. He asked to see that comic again, so we let him have it. Later, he got all the way better: one of his sisters told us that he loved cats and humorous situations, so maybe that psychological boost was what he needed to "get over the hump." Another sister finally captured the potato ball (still running scared of Mr. Big Lettuce Leaf), whispered some magic to it, watched it grow to monstrous proportions, and directed it to swallow the lettuce leaf. It did, and then crashed a window in its attempt to flee. Then the kid whispered more magic to it, watched it shrink to normal size, and gave it to me. I ate it, much relieved that I could now eat my vermicelli with vegetables now. The dream ended when my mom was offering to take us to another place for dinner the next day: it had to be somewhere without a LOT of MuchMusic beats and such, because she didn't like it.

Weird stuff my subconscious provides, I tell ya... o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home