Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yay for increased comprehension!

Home early today, courtesy of Eric! (I really didn't want to wait around while Jon finished an ESCC meeting) Once I got into service today, I placed my bag in Randal's pew while I went to say hi to Hannah and Priscilla. They were being weird: Hannah thinks that if she turns her sister's arm, Priscilla will say "Mushy!" Then I went to say hi to Chrystal and Mike, who have never really had trouble sleeping or insomnia in general. Good thing.. they want to keep it that way, believe me! Only then did I talk to Randal about various subjects: his dinner with his parents yesterday, flipping through the Chinese hymnbook we had in the pew (I got the English version for my baptism TEN years ago!), etc. Also said hi to Alan, Sheena, and various others.

Jeremy and Jon came in after service had started, and sat by me... we noted the various typos and grammar errors in the worship songs, and laughed at various jokes in the sermon. ("If I were your wife, I'd put poison in your coffee!" "And if I were your husband, I'd drink it!") When Jeremy's cell phone went off, we asked who was calling Jeremy during service. Then I tried helping when Jeremy had trouble getting his Bible out of his inner jacket pocket... not much room there for it, but things worked out. There was some amusement near the end of service when a little toddler made his way down the extreme right of the sanctuary, and David had to chase him down while holding another kid!

After service, I put my stuff downstairs (saying hi to Vania whilst doing so) before going outside. Sheena and Eric came out and wondered where everyone was, so we went around to the front. I talked to Frances and Phil for a brief while about the ping-pong night, then Eric went next door to see whether people had congregated there instead since it was cold and rainy. He came back while Sheena and I were discussing things, and said that nobody was there! We did see various people later on and talked to them, then everyone went to Sunday School early. Asked Eric for a ride home, and he joked that it depended on what I was offering him in return... very funny!

Auntie Fonda wanted me to have her purple knitted hat, but wanted Uncle Vincent's mom to see her "homework" first... sure, why not? Heh, I guess she likes me! Auntie Tracy said that she could see where I was in the congregation because my red toque stood out: it certainly did! Little Sean was easily entertained by the rainbow / unicorn stickers and insect book that I had, although he kept trying to stick the sheet on the wall, haha. He said "rainbow" when I gave them to him, even! Then he said "more" when we were trying to get him to say "more, please"... last week, it was "please" for us! His dad said that his English comprehension seemed to improve while the family was in Hong Kong since they'd wanted him to go one way numerous times, but he wanted to go some other way! Definitely good... I tried talking to his older brother Ian later on, but he wasn't really talking today as opposed to yesterday! (he should remember that I used to teach him in the toddler class, too...)

After that, I went outside and talked to Jon / Nathan / Christon / Jeremy / Phil / Dylan about volleyball classes and Nathan's new Razr cell phone with 1GB of iTunes capability which he got in Hong Kong. Phil joked that Nathan could date his unrelated twin sister after Nathan said she wasn't married, but had guy issues. Nathan jokingly pretended to kill him, saying that they'd gone over that before a LONG time ago! Christon took a long time to dial Nathan's cell number... Nathan wanted us to hear his new ringtone: Saved By The Bell, not Steph! (hahaha) Jon tried calling Alan to see what was up with the offering deposit, but I don't know if he got ahold of him. I told Karen to resend me that email about Bible Study even if it was kinda dated now: she got worried when I didn't answer, hehe. Soon after, we all went our separate ways: Eric drove me home, Phil talked to Dylan and Chung, and Nathan took Christon and Jeremy home too. They also discussed the hockey road trip and the BAD Sabres goal, plus going out to dinner on Tuesday (not good since Eric's going out to dinner already) or Wednesday: that got changed to Sunday lunch next week before the AGM, probably to discuss Committee issues!

On the way home, Eric asked if I thought the pundits were right about the NFL football conference championship game: I had no idea whether the New Orleans Saints would win against the Chicago Bears! During the portion of the game that we listened to, it seemed they were largely wrong... but the Saints did get on the board before halftime! (it was 16-7 when he dropped me off) Then we discussed 24: he doesn't like the idea of me coming over for dinner beforehand since he thinks I'll get drunk like I do at my IMAGINARY keg parties! I need to tell someone that it starts at 8 on Channel 9, and maybe find him a torrent of the first four episodes even if I did spoil it for him the other night! (or not) We discussed computer stuff, too... good times, and I'll see him tomorrow! (which I temporarily forgot about!)

Hey, I found a torrent within 30 seconds.. sweet!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home