Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weird names, windshields, vengeance, and quail hunting

Facts About Multiples has changed site locations again. Guess I'll be busy all night trying to change the URLs in various entries and such! (already changed my bookmarks!)

Ah, the wind and weather's back to normal... how nice! Karen sent me that email again, which WAS the one I'd seen in my Yahoo account: she'd titled it "Ping-Pong," which isn't what I was expecting when she said it was about BIBLE STUDY! Oh well... she hoped I'd come to the event, reassured me that I was exempt from the fee, said she was preparing the refreshments table (hopefully everyone would like it) / they couldn't do the chocolate fondue fountain because of the limited facilities (it was CROWDED up there!), hoped I was enjoying the new Bible Study, and jokingly asked if I missed her yet. Well, at least I know what it was all about now!

Got this list of weird(ish) names from Erin (bean_shadow). She had to proofread some school yearbook layouts in the last few weeks, and wrote down most of the weird names she could find. I know there's way more of this in The Baby Name Countdown, 5th Edition: The Definitive Baby Name Book and Baby's Named a Bad Bad Thing! I should really look at / check those more often, but then this blog would become ALL ABOUT THE WEIRD NAMES! :P (although I *could* include a page from the book every day... nah! :P)

My comments are in square brackets, and hers are in parentheses. Names I didn't include: Dallas, Igor, Yaakov, Eden, Dakota, Ariel, Pawel, and Edith.


Abbigayle
Aldo Jesus
Amarynth
Amethyst
Amnesty
Anally [WTF?!]
Arcadia
Aristotle
Arkansha
Asia
Aspen
Augusta
Axelson
Bird Leker (m)
Blaze
Blue
Bodger
Brando
Brittanica
Brittonie
Cade
Cady Shock
Caius
Cannon
Canyon
Carolina
Cash
Chantae Riddlesperger
Cheney (f)
Chyna Springs
Cisco Jesus (a most awesome name, right up there with Max Power)
Clancey (f)
Cognac
Colby
Connery Nixon
Constantine
Corban
Crystal Light
Dalton
D'Anthony Hopkins
Danyel
Daysi
Dejah
Demarius
De'Symber
Dillan Thomas
Dillon
Dillon Thomas
Divya (f)
Dontavious
Dontravious
Drusuilla (at least spell it right. There's no 'u' after the 's')
Dyllyn
Ebony White
Eny
Epiphany [HA! Her parents are just like that woman who named her kids "unique" things, and took me to task about it!]
Eryne
Essence (f)
Europe Flowers (m)
Frito [As in the chip company Frito-Lay?! Way to make your kid a future fattie!]
Fritzgerald [At least spell it right... although "Fitzgerald" would make another pretty weird name, too!]
Galadriel [LOTR, anyone? Reminds me of Corey's ex Rachael and how all her siblings were named after characters in the books...)
Gary Cooper
GaTiya
Genesis [I saw a reference to a Genesis Davis a LONG time ago in the drawings section of a Highlights book once...]
Georgia Bush
Gerik
German (m)
Gladimir
Hamlet
Harley Rider (m) [HAHAHAHA, poor kid!]
Houston [Reminds me, I saw an obituary for a boy named Houston Jade Bear in the paper a few years back...]
Hunter Thompson
Igli (m)
Infinity [Hey, I remember this name from the conjoined twins list on Facts About Multiples... the Sanders twins died, though!]
Ireland [I once knew someone online with the LAST name of Ireland... and Heather (reeling) has the last name Scotland, too]
Islande
Jaaron
Jennifer Lopez (poor kid will get teasing about her booty when she grows up!)
Jesse James
Kaelan (m)
Kanon (m)
Keaton (f)
Keaton Cloven (f)
Kenneder (m)
Keryn (f)
Khaled (m)
Kharisma (f)
Kidd (m)
Kindred Profit
Kison
Knox
Krzysztof
Kyl (m)
Kylar
Laiken
Lars (I expected to see an "Anakin," but never have yet) [reminds me of Metallica, haha]
Lawton (m)
Leif [I knew someone named Leif Johnston when I was in junior high]
Lemuel (not that unusual, but I like this name, which is why I wrote it down)
Lernilous
Lexington
Lily Snape [someone's parents were extreme fans of Harry Potter, methinks...]
Limor (f)
Livia
London
Maegen
Maeghan
Modesty
Monet
Montroya (f)
Napoleon
Navita (f)
Ne'Braskian (WTF?)
Niyah
Nylon
Oral (m) [I don't think he's named after the evangelist Oral Roberts...]
Patrick Stewart
Pepper (m)
Poppy (f) [I knew of a male Poppy at my junior high...]
Porsche
Precious
Princess
Princess Hayes (seriously, why give a name to your child that will just end up having her be a hooker or stripper?!)
Quentraveous Shropshire (Poor child is in the first grade. Maybe he goes by "Quentin.")
Radyene
Rainey
Rameses (m) [is that the MISSPELLED condom brand that failed?! :P]
Ramses [is that the condom brand that failed?! :P]
Rasean
Relber
Remus & Romulus (twins) [way to take things from mythology and legend...]
Ricardo Castro (not too bizarre, but I was amused)
Ricci Nuckles
Rocket
Roosevelt
Savin
Scarly
Severyn (see above statement about extreme Harry Potter fans)
Shade
Shadow
Shylo (m) [at my junior high, there was a guy two years ahead of me named Shylo Smith]
Silhouette
Skyy (f)
Spirios Hristopoulos
Storm
Summer Doody
Talon
Taryn (f)
Teal [the other one in that set of dead conjoined twins I referenced earlier]
Thames
Thyme
Titus [I once knew a kid at church named Titus, and his sister was Dorcas... uncommon Biblical names, for sure!]
Toy
Treasure Banks
Treyquana
Tyelor (m)
Tyrius
Vanity (f)
Vlad
Winston Smith
Wolf
Xahdra
Xeno
X'Zavian
Z'Aire
Zandreus
Zaquarius
Zeke Pigg
Zion [one of my brother's orchestra friends has this name... my mom always mispronounced his name, like she does with our friend Citrus these days!]


Today's Demented Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

A 93-year-old Florida man apparently suffering from dementia probably won't face charges after running down a pedestrian and then driving with the man's body stuck through his windshield. Ralph Parker was eventually stopped at a toll booth on the Sunshine Skyway in St. Petersburg. A spokesman for the state attorney's office said Parker didn't appear to know what happened or where he was. The victim has been identified as a 52-year-old man. Parker's license was renewed in 2003. He had been living alone since his wife died in 1998.

Culled from: Associated Press
Generously submitted by: Katchaya

**********************************************************************

You know, this fact really "speaks" to me because I grew up in a small retirement community in California. We knew that every first of the month, you had to be on guard because all the "benes" (Social Security Beneficiaries) would be out and about cashing their checks. (For some of them, this was the only day of the month they would drive.) Luckily, though, most of our drivers were so slow that you'd just bump off the bumper, you wouldn't end up sticking through someone's windshield. This guy was Heck On Wheels!

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Penny has a film recommendation:

"You absolutely, positively, *MUST* see Lady Vengeance. It's a foreign film, so those who enjoy Asian cinema will love it. And it is the most shocking, out-there, creepy 'do-these-people-know-they're-psychotic?" kind of storyline. I don't want to tell you too much, as it will spoil the plot twist. It starts out kind of slow... even I got frustrated with the plot progression, but OH MY GOD, did my patience pay off!!!!! Basically, this girl was sent to prison when she was nineteen for kidnapping and murdering a five-year-old boy. She was beautiful and kind-hearted, so it was a scandal when she was convicted. She spent nine years in prison, and when she is released, she makes up for lost time by making her 'amends' with the people involved in the whole sordid affair. I'm afraid if I say too much more, I'll ruin it for you. Please, please, please go out and get this movie right away. I swear to you, you won't be disappointed!"

Lady Vengeance (2005)

*******

Morbid Mirth Du Jour!

I never thought I'd find Quail Hunting so entertaining! Thanks to Katchaya for the link.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home