Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Movie plans, budgeting, church and snowballs, ice and peanut butter

I called my sister a while ago, who'd forgotten to call me back. Apparently, Mom doesn't want to see a movie tonight, which is fine with me. She's too absorbed in watching other TV shows. It was either going to be HAPPY FEET or JAMES BOND, anyhow. Sister wants to see if we can go together when it stops snowing and raining. (although the rain would melt the snow, maybe later this week) The guys and I *did* see some snowmen on Saturday night on the way to the Whip, so that was cool.

Discussed church with her: Nathan, Jeremy, Jon, and Eric led worship and Pastor Edward spoke. Afterwards, Steph came in the middle of a Cordia-Joyce snowball fight (I'd have crumpled to the ground if someone threw a snowball at me just a little TOO hard, maybe!), and accidentally hit Joyce in the face. Not quite a facewash, but certainly not hitting her in the chest, which is where she was aiming! Not many people were at church, and at least my parents didn't say too much when I announced my intentions to not go on Sunday morning.

I was afraid of cramping my sister's "go wherever you please without worrying about others" style, but she claims it would have been fine. Fair enough, though maybe I should have called Auntie Fonda and let her know I wasn't helping with the toddlers. Note to self: make sure the church 2007 directory doesn't get thrown away due to insects or staining! (that's what happened to the ones from the past few years...) At least Saturday night was fine thanks to Jeremy and others, and I told her how THAT went. I should certainly budget for the rest of the month, which should be fine as long as I don't go out at all. (which is never gonna happen!)

She asked about my food situation, which is all right. As long as I can go shopping on Thursday, things should be fine. If not, then I dunno. We'll see on that one. Apparently, her work building downstairs hallways are freezing since there's no heat, so they all have to wear jackets when they go to the washroom. Then she asked about my heat and Amacon: eh, it's fine for now. Not sure about the shoveling situation, but it LOOKS okay from what I can see out the lobby door. (I just got dressed to take some garbage out, and it is fine!) Then she got to Rachel's place: Rachel is leaving the first week of January for Edmonton. Best of luck to her!

I wonder if putting my gummy shirt in a tub full of warm water to melt the ice would work before I tried getting rid of the gum on it with something like peanut butter? (yeah, I forgot about it till now... go figure!) Maybe after I take a hot shower...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home