Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Handwriting / Hard Rock Café Coleslaw

I love Children of Bodom's Mask of Sanity! Been doing a bunch of editing old entries and drafting some private entries this evening, so I've been remiss in not responding to comments from 12 hours ago or more. After this entry, I shall do so. (I've got a reputation to keep up, after all...)

Kaitlin (norsk) got my Christmas card and Vancouver postcard today. She says my handwriting is awesome, which I guess is a way better assessment than what my old French / Spanish teacher Mrs. Tijman gave me YEARS ago: "Do you have to CARVE your words into the paper?!" I remember thinking some not-so-charitable things about her after THAT, but still was grateful I didn't get RAMBO! (another French teacher whose last name was similar enough to Rambo, and was just as mean as that monster!) Anyhow, Kaitlin offered me a raver kandi... which I guess is a beaded bracelet people wear at raves and such. (that's what miss_watson or Danielle tells me anyhow) So I'll take it since they look so colorful and cute! :D


Hard Rock Café Coleslaw

If you want the authentic Hard Rock Café Pig Sandwich experience, you just have to serve your clone of that pulled-pork sandwich with this creamy, delicious coleslaw on the side. Even if you don't whip up the sandwich, you'll want to dive into a batch of this secret slaw. It's just too easy to make, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire? isn't on tonight. But be sure to let the stuff hibernate in the fridge for a day or two after you toss it. That's the only way to get the flavors up to dancing the perfect tastebud mambo.

1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
3 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
dash salt
8 cups chopped cabbage (1 head)
1/2 cup shredded carrot

1. Combine all ingredients except the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl and blend until smooth with an electric mixer.
2. Add cabbage and carrots and toss well.
3. Cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator. The flavors fully develop after 24 to 48 hours. Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home