Monday, October 02, 2006

Leaves, interesting yogurt / soup flavors, construction paper on greeting cards

Having leaves fall on you is an ethereal experience, haha.

Got back from grocery shopping a while ago, and I found some interesting flavors of yogurt: coffee and cream, apple, and pear. The first one reminds me of the time I told Brian at Fellowship that I'd had some cappuccino yogurt earlier in the day. He looked at me and said "That's the grossest yogurt flavor I ever heard of!" I had to see what apple yogurt and pear yogurt tasted like, so I bought two Dairyland Lil Ones packs. (apricot / grape / blueberry / pear, and apple / vanilla / peach / banana) While looking at the sausages (I got eight, for eating out of the package since we do that at barbecues...), some random dude came up to me and told me to get the beer sausage because it tasted good! Okay... o_O

Since I also am intrigued by dark chocolate with a high cocoa content (Dave said that Vivian sent him a 99% Lindt bar while she was in France, and it tasted like chalk or something similar!), I bought two Poulain Chocolatier (1848) bars. They're imported from France, and they were also on sale. I decided that I had to work my way up the cocoa scale: 43% cocoa was fine in the Cadbury Burnt Almond bar that little Rachel's grandma bought me, so I got one 64% bar and one 86% bar. I also bought Mayan Chocolate Häagen-Dazs ice cream since it was a new flavor (they've raised the price of that and Ben and Jerry's by 30 cents!), some Soup to Go containers, some Imagine creamy potato leek ORGANIC soup in a 1L box, and some Campbell's Gardennay soup boxes. (Harvest Mushroom with real cream, Garden Broccoli with real Parmesan, and Summer Asparagus with sweet basil) I realized I forgot to get thank-you cards, so that email I sent a while ago will have to do for the birthday friends. :D

I also saw some storage boxes at the store, so I thought "Go big or go home!" (yay for sports!) and got the biggest size available. There were also some reusable containers that would be perfect for the can of pasta sauce I bought last month, so I bought some of those too. Now I'm in the process of peeling my greeting cards off construction paper and tossing them into the box. I'm keeping most of them (even Yazmine's / Shannon's / Dan's / Aaron's / Andie's / Christine's / other ex-friends' cards) except for the ones that simply CANNOT be peeled off without the card getting ripped in two or something. At least I wrote down the inscriptions in a series of posts some months back! I'm not sure if anything can be done to remove the construction paper on the back of the cards from gluing them to it, but we'll see. Stupid past self...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home