Monday, October 02, 2006

Rice cookers, Giants games, stupid random messages

Here are more random tidbits about the past weekend.

Jeremy to me at the Night Market: "Hahaha, I can't believe the selection over there! They have a bunch of clothing and ONE rice cooker! You know what would be really sweet? If there were a store named CLOTHES AND ONE RICE COOKER, and then have literally just ONE rice cooker in the whole store! They could have more in the back, but just have one out for display, then replace it with another one when that one sells!"

Jeremy, looking at more stalls at the market: "Man, what kind of stuff is THAT?! UFO Ice Shake... interesting, and SO BIG! What did they do with all their clothing at that one? I think they just took whatever was in the back of the warehouse and put it out here to sell!"

Christon to Karen, at dinner: "Come on. You worked the Giants game, and you don't know if they won or lost? I know you don't care about that personally, but couldn't you hear the crowd cheering or booing?"

Jon trying to figure out the busiest day of his life: "I don't know... I know I've had days with at least five components including church, CRU meetings, hanging out, more church, and teaching. Not sure I've ever had a day with eight components, though! Christon, your swimming / work / parties / eating / work / hanging out three more times sounds CRAZY... eight components in a day?!"

Jeremy, answering a question about how his parents liked our church service: "They like it fine... they think Pastor Edward is great! Man, they would have LOVED today's sermon since it was so amusing!"

Jon explained the word "capricious" to someone else, too. Yay for us word researchers! ;) (we also debated mooncake on Thanksgiving, since the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival apparently coincides with Thanksgiving this year... some liked the sweet idea, and others didn't) Jessica, Nathan, and I also discussed Googling our names: Jessica's name is kinda unique, I'm an eleven-year-old kid in Hong Kong who likes Pokemon (along with the same name high school story... I wasn't Mrs. Tijamn's student in Grade 8 when they called me down to the office for skipping four of her classes or something!), while Nathan just gets everything that's written TO Nathan or "Nathan says TO...")


Oh, and this is a REALLY NICE capper to yesterday: I got home to find out that someone by the name of YOU INVADE ME left me this AIM message: "Hi, have you committed suicide yet? By the way, FLAMSTERETTE is not a word. Please die, thanks!" I love the faux cheerful tone of those words... not. I'll just continue doing what I do, and who cares about that person? :P

Bleh. I have a LOT of comments that need replying to (82 and counting), so I'll get right on that! Here's another day with no time to call Nina or anyone else!

I don't know why I'm jealous of certain people's friendship with one another. Must work on that.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home