Saturday, September 30, 2006

Running over zombies with a truck, secretary duties, pierced ears, Night Market options

Henry did remember to pick me up, which is good! He told me that he'd be my ride to the Awana Conference, but I said that I couldn't make it. I then decided to warn him about being sleep-deprived that day, but he told me not to worry since he could function on minimal amounts of sleep for short periods of time. For example, he only got two hours of sleep yesterday from 5-7 AM: seems he was playing some video game which required him to kill 53,595 zombies (or some other insanely high number) by continually running them over with his truck. He bragged about that to Benedict when we arrived at church, heh.

Auntie Vivian told me, Jason, Amos, and Andrew (who'd run ten minutes from home to church) about our secretarial duties: as I told Alan years ago, we're not just decorative people! I helped Amos with a bunch of secretary stuff, and then we wondered about money... man, I'm second-guessing myself! After that, we found out that we wouldn't have Awana next week because of Thanksgiving. When I told Henry about that later, he said: "I guess that means I won't be seeing you for two weeks!" No, since Fridays and Sundays are kinda crazy! Then I told Anita that she'd get her birthday card tomorrow: hopefully, I can get my sister to sign it in the car!

I saw Seren, who now has pierced ears... I'm not sure I could ever go for that since this four-year-old tells me it hurts! (then again, you know what they say about taking advice from kids...) Her baby sister Megan was crying a lot, poor kid! Mike said that the peanut crunch snacks looked like FLOAM, and tasted like crap: so give it to Joey if you don't want the other half, haha! Now I guess I should email my blog link to Randal (after sanitizing it?).. I don't want to be like Stephen and say that I've had NO TIME to email a person when of course I do! :P

Oh, I called my brother about the Night Market thing. His car is full, but apparently I have options in Eric (who told me that he isn't going when I called him) / Nathan / my parents. We'll see, then... I should call him back since he was washing dishes a while ago, but should be done by now.

Edit: After accidentally getting Eric on "redial" (argh), I called Jon. I was very surprised when my dad asked "What's up?" Since I'm in no position to be picky, I guess I'll go with my parents in ten minutes or so. (I wonder if they'll be late, haha) Jon says Jeremy and some others are going, so hopefully we'll meet at 9:15-ish or so. Also, I think I need a new phone for my bedroom since it sounds BAD! (people have been telling me that for some time, but I never really heard it till very recently... maybe the next hangout time, haha)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home