Friday, October 13, 2006

Blogging, Wal-Mart and gays, wrath

Yes! I've finally finished working on Eric H.'s journal, even though it took all day! :D

Eric M. called me earlier and said he'd pick me up by 7:10. Well, that still leaves me with plenty of time to eat and such... he also said his parents were (still) in Kelowna (again), and that he was in a hotel room. (he can explain that later on in the car!) I could hear people in the background, so I did assume he was out somewhere, just like he assumed I wanted a ride tonight! Now I've turned my phone off, since I got a call from a telemarketer just now.

Remember how my mom and her friends won't shop at Wal-Mart because it "supports gays and lesbians," folks? Well, Steve researched it out, and it's true: Wal-Mart has partnered with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.

I've remembered to check blogs today, since I won't be able to do that tomorrow. Jen has a rant about a walk-in clinic which sounds absolutely crazy, and Dave wonders about his ability to stick to things once he starts them: yup, the Chinese have a special adjective for it! ???? (lóng tóu shé w?i), a chimera with the the head of a dragon but the tail of a snake. This satirical creature impresses with the splendor and majesty of the dragon but invariably disappoints when its much meeker tail is exposed. This is an apt and poetic description of someone with great initial passion but no appreciable follow-through. Steph has her daily post-op routine up, and thinks that she's gained 10 pounds in 5 days. She also thinks that the Thanksgiving dinner (Operation ___ ) was hilarious... NO, IT WAS NOT!!! I read the thing on the side of the Xanga comment page as "Shoot this Entry," which sounded better / more appropriate than "Boost this Entry" to me! The other comment WAS amusing, though: "Libido?! You mean... sex?!" (they're quoting my mom, haha)

Vivian's thinking that last week's program and certain readings she's been doing has shaped her views on certain topics. Well, it's no surprise that guys and girls see love / God differently, but her example just made me go into sarcasm mode (no humility here!). Heh, hopefully we'll both find people to trust... Spoz has the normal weekender photos / insanity up: fine line between genius and insanity, anyone? Dawn had a great long weekend, what with Thanksgiving / Mid-Autumn Festival / her birthday all managing to fall into the four-day span. Dinners, time with her favorite person / people, and just being able to relax... sounds excellent!



..... WHAT THE HOLY HELL IS IT WITH PEOPLE WHO RANDOMLY IM YOU WITH RUDENESS?! I just got TWO messages from the same person under different screen names, who called me the filthiest things ever! (well, maybe not EVER... but suffice to say that *I* wouldn't use that last set of words when royally pissed off at someone) Honestly! All I do is correct people on their spelling and grammar, and maybe inject a bit of snarkiness into it! I can understand that might get annoying, but really. Seriously, folks... THE MORE YOU COMPLAIN, THE MORE I'M GONNA DO IT! Who cares about what you think?! I don't! (and yet I'm writing about it here in an internet blog...) Geez, this is the third time this WEEK! No, I am NOT going to tone it down just for you. Maybe if someone in CHARGE told me POLITELY, then sure. BUT NOT FOR YOU LITERAL FORMLESS BLOBS WHO ARE JABRONIES!!!!


Your Wrath Quotient: 55%

Ouch! You've got a bit of a temper going on there, don't you?
Just make sure to keep your revenge fantasies just that... fantasies only!


That's it till I get back to catch up!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home