Wednesday, October 11, 2006

TONE DOWN THE PERKINESS, WOMAN! / Chili's Margarita Presidente

I've checked my email (and finally remembered to tell Auntie Rebecca that I won't be around this weekend), and Vania invited me to something surprising. That sounds pretty good, but I really wish a certain person had NOT been invited... ugh! (I'm sure Steph could say the same of a different person, heh) Oh well, maybe I can just not talk to that person and hang around Jon / Jeremy / people I actually like, haha. Speaking of that person, she just sent us a Fellowship email: let's just say I won't be going to any ping pong thing on November 10. Another free two nights in a row (no Awana the next day because of Remembrance Day)... that should be pretty sweet! Yes, I am aware I use the word "sweet" a lot... call it being around a certain person, haha.

Some of this person's descriptors (in PINK, ugh) for the upcoming events are just... too perky. "Bible Study - love, love, love!" "Spiritual Formation - (aka "being a real lover of Jesus")!" "New Bible Study Material Night (at last! how exciting!)" "Ping Pong Night at the Bridgeport Table Tennis Club. (smashing evening planned!)" "Annual General Meeting (pushing the envelope on great AGMs - should be the fete of fetes)!" Uh, suuuuuuuuuuure... at least the "Missions Conference - (Come to this church event!)" and "Hot Pot Hosted by Daniel Fellowship (we've been invited!)" are normal! I'm not sure if I should invite certain people to Hot Pot, as they're either picky eaters (you would NOT survive it AT ALL!) or just picky in general. Ah well... at least THAT promises to be good! (my reaction when I read of the ping pong night AND that someone would be invited to the party: "EWWWWW!!!")

Speaking of too-perky correspondence, she also sent us a Bible Study email: "Dear Bible Lovers of Great, Wonderful David Fellowship: Get your Bible Study outfits, accessories, and footwear ready! Hold your Bible close to your heart. Luxuriate in precious, private moments with the Word of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit. Prepare and be rewarded! As you eagerly await the coming of Bible Study, this Friday, October 13th, send a joyful email to your leader and say something like: 'Hi, My Leader, I love Bible Study. See you Friday!' "

I don't think anyone will send anyone else THAT kind of email, at least not within this group of people! (or I certainly HOPE not, anyhow...) While I agree with the ideas contained within (time with God / the Bible knowledge is important to me), I'm not sure that there are any specific Biblical outfits / accessories / footwear that we should bring along. (yes, I know of those verses about the "armor of God," but I hardly think people are going to bring THOSE along!) Makes me want to borrow some dude's sword collection and bring THAT to church, hehe. (no, of course I won't - especially since I've been told most of it is illegal to carry publicly and all - but really!)

Corey wants me to send him salmon, ginseng, and rocks from my trip this weekend. I dunno... maybe a postcard with a dead bloody salmon on it will suffice, hehehe. (did laundry today, too!)


Chili's Margarita Presidente

1 oz vodka
½ oz triple sec
1/3 cup sweet & sour mix
Lemon wedge

Fill a glass with crushed ice and add vodka and triple sec. Top off the drink with sweet & sour mix. Add a lemon wedge for garnish and serve. Makes 1 serving.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home