Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bible Study group changes, comfort with people, Nina moving, white bread, Jane's heart problems

I got a phone call from Karen Choo this afternoon, but was busy doing other things, so I called her back later. She said she'd call me right back, but I had to wait for about two hours... that is NOT "right back" territory! Oh well, at least she called me back... unlike SOME people I could name! :P (*cough*Stephen*cough*)

She mentioned what Randal did a few weeks ago (Sept. 3) about a possible change in Bible Study groups for me, and the new material which EVERYONE would be doing. As I did then, I told her that I was reasonably open to whatever change the Committee wanted to make: it's not like I can do anything about it, after all. ;) It was Dylan's idea, since he seems to think that the change would be good for me: I've been with Karen for YEARS, and maybe I'd benefit from being with people younger than I am. (Andrea, Jen, Jeremy, and Eric) Perhaps that's true, although I'm sure there are things that Jeremy and Eric need not know about! Apparently, Dylan and Andrea are fine with being in a group together, since the whole "ex" thing was a long time ago. Randal seems to support the idea, and he rocks for mentioning it to me first, har har. (but at least Karen called to talk to me about it and get my feelings on the whole thing, even if she knew I'd be open-minded about it!)

It's true that I've known all of these other people for a long time varying from 20 years (Eric) on down to about four-ish (Jeremy - though the first two and a half were of the "he's my brother's friend, and she's my friend's sister" dynamic), but still. That doesn't mean I don't like my other comfort zone of Vivian / Karen / Randal / Stella / Ivan / Kevin! Maybe it's time for a change, though... Karen thinks I can always go back to her group if I don't like it. I guess we'll see what happens, although I do tend to be quiet in groups and not necessarily give good answers to personal questions! (Jeremy's already found that out for himself thanks to last Friday... aiya!) I guess we'll see what happens with this... new challenges and such for sure! At least I feel comfortable with all the people mentioned, heh.

Then we talked about the ping-pong night on the 10th... I still have two weeks to decide whether I'm going, although I'm leaning toward NOT being there. Two free nights in a row can make a difference in my life, and I don't really want to just watch since I have issues with balls being thrown around. (having to be ever watchful is something I don't do well... good thing I don't drive, haha) She said she was tagging along to one of Ivan's conferences in Quebec next week, and thought that I didn't know Vivian's birthday was coming up. HAHAHAHAHAHA, OF COURSE I KNOW THAT! I told her that I used a combination of memory and written work in order to remember everyone's birthdays, and that I'd known Vivian for a pretty long time too!

After we said bye, I decided to call Nina. She's been pretty busy, as she moved into a basement suite with her son (also named Dylan) just two weeks ago. I told her about all the travel I'd been doing, and about my grandma. Since she was busy putting the kid to bed, I said I'd call her back later... maybe the weekend, if that ever happens! Then I called my sister, who said that our parents' ire had been raised since they couldn't deal with the fact that she had her bedroom door closed! Thank goodness I don't have to live with that anymore, since they DID tell me years ago that there was NO PRIVACY IN THE HOUSE! (like, what the heck?!) She was talking to Michelle on her phone, so two voices in her ear was kinda cool for what it was worth! Once she finished with Michelle, I told her about the new Bible Study plans... she thought that I could leave Flime a message about the Friday ride plans, so I'll do that later. She was thinking of doing what Eric did, but didn't. Good thing!

Eric apparently dropped off my bread today: having that in the trunk for 20 minutes is fine, but not for the WHOLE DAY on Sunday! Dunno if I'm gonna eat it, though.. WHITE BREAD ISN'T THE BEST FOR YOU! That's what my mom taught us when we were younger, and now she's gone senile and bought some... I refuse to do that, haha. Seeing the crew tomorrow (if I go) will be fine, I guess... I just found out that my Colorado friend Corey's worried about his Taiwanese friend Jane because it's been over 24 hours since she was online last. She did mention something about having to go to the hospital immediately: she went to the doctor since her heart felt bad, and the doctor said that it was a major problem because her blood vessels got stuck. (clot?) Yikes! o_O (at least a couple of her US / Canada cousins have his online contact info, so he'll message them if he sees them online!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home