Wednesday, October 25, 2006

New quieter keyboard, conjoined twins, beer and wine in US stores, "fridge" as a verb, "its," time

Keyboard update: Last night after saying he forgot about my keyboard situation, Eric M. said that my brother and sister might get one from "the crazy dude." (aka Uncle Tim, whom we haven't seen in ages, except when his daughter Calla's back for three weeks at a time!) My brother denied it today in the car, and agreed that "the crazy dude" didn't tell us much, if anything at all. He suggested asking Dad, but not when he was driving: good thing he had an extra one! This one is quieter than my last one was, which I guess is a pretty good thing too! Yay! :D (it's less headache-inducing than the On-Screen Keyboard, heh) Eric H. still thinks I need another keyboard (the MSN name change didn't tell him anything!), but went offline before I could tell him anything different. Maybe he or someone else can help me adjust the wires so that they're in the back, not the front!

I heard a story about conjoined twins from Vernon who were born at the BC Womens Hospital here (the same place where Maxine and Helen K. had their babies) this afternoon. They're joined at the head, their names are Krista and Tatiana Hogan, and their mom's name is Felicia. She's 21, and now has four kids - wow, at least the babies' prognosis looks good because they were very vocal and wriggly! Apparently, only 45% of conjoined twins even make it out of the womb alive... if they're separated, that will take at least a year. Definitely an interesting news story, for me.

As advertised earlier, the family went to Lynden / Bellingham today. My brother and I spent the majority of our time in Rite-Aid and Safeway just looking at the beer and wine available right in the store... wow! Toasted Head beer is way more expensive in Toronto than in the States, but we couldn't take any of that or Smirnoff's / Mike's Hard Lemonade / milk stout / Woodbridge / Roberto Mondavi / Chardonnay / Miller Lite ("fridge" as a verb - "Fridge It. Enjoy It." - really dumbs down the English language!) / Alaskan Amber / Moose Drool / anything else we found. We weren't staying in the States for 24 hours or more, but maybe Jon will do so with Jeremy in the future! Our parents think Jeremy is a bad influence on Jon, but maybe it's equal in their eyes, haha. Jon encouraged Jeremy to make his own beer (like tea beer as the brewmasters do), but Jeremy has a wealth of beer books and knowledge!

At the Family Bookstore, one of the games caught my eye... and unfortunately, so did the glaring grammar error on the back of the box. It was a Bible Edition of Outburst! - the blurb for the game had an "its / it's" error, using the contraction form instead of the possessive. (should have been "its gameplay...") I showed that to my brother, who was busily looking at some books on the Bible: he read it to himself, and then said that those errors are one of his major pet peeves! Dude, I totally agree! I found a book on martyrs: maybe I'll get that FOXE'S book here, haha. (no, I didn't have a whole bunch of US money with me!) Also read a book called IN THE BELLY OF THE DRAGON: cult leaders brainwashing people in order to rape them is NO GOOD!

I discussed the time change with my brother: yup, it's this weekend. Grocery shopping at 10 on Monday morning might be a worse idea than usual, since I'll think it's really 9. Yes, I know I'll have Sunday... but that's a long early day in itself with church, lunch, the long AGM, and maybe pumpkin-carving at Melia's later. Maybe I can fully adjust on Tuesday or something! I told him about the Surrealist Compliment Generator, and the literal "this is not a compliment" compliment in French.

We also had good coffee from THE WOODS, as well as Dippin' Dots ice cream from McDonald's... that's the excellent stuff right there! Then we had the good experience of an empty Shanghai Wind to start a dinner of hot and sour soup, SLB, surfboard noodles, Shanghai noodles, and some other buns before he had to teach at Tom Lee. Waiting twenty minutes to get into the Massey Tunnel was NOT fun, but the borders had no waits! (we went to Fairhaven and the Colophon Bookstore / Café in Bellingham... WORLD ALMANAC OF FACTS: the Records Edition rules, and so do books about gorillas and sign language!) It was an interesting day, heh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home