Sunday, October 22, 2006

Moxie's and church stuff

Yesterday's dinner at Moxie's was good... Eric H. and I had a good time talking about Fay coming back soon, SLB, the Washington hockey game (Alexander Ovechkin!) on Friday that he / Eric M. / Nathan are going to see (free Friday for me!), Jon and his busy schedule, hangout ideas for when Fay gets here, and burping contests to horrify Fay later on. He also wants to get her to watch a scary movie with him so she can do the "I'm so scared... hold me!" thing he's seen in the movies / on TV. (Fay is his girlfriend from Beijing, who got approval to come over here recently) When we got back to my place, I had him change my shower curtain (it's white now instead of blue) and switch the phone lines around. In the process of doing that, my keyboard somehow came unplugged... I tried calling white Eric, but Kieran said he wasn't home. So I thought I'd get him today, but he rushed off after service, although my sister said he was in Sunday School. Oh well, he's giving me and Steph a ride to Joe's farewell, so maybe afterwards! I figured that I was fine as long as I could still view my friends pages and play Bookworm, hehe... but I really should stop turning off the computer via power bar since it's BAD for the hard drive! Yikes!

Today was okay... Jeremy and I got a lot of laughs from Pastor Edward's sermon because he compared childbirth to being hit by a train, among other funny analogies. Afterwards, I talked to Citrus and Danielle about cheap DVDs (100 for $30?) / the Joe Yu farewell DVD (all proceeds to the church building fund!) before going to Sunday School. At least I got to talk to Phil about stuff, who likes how I distinguish between the two Erics, hehe. Cindy's pretty stressed out because of her teaching practicum and changing the classroom teacher, and very emotional too! We had Pho for lunch (#24 this time instead of #9 and #43), and waited for Citrus / Danielle / Cindy to finish their lunch! I asked Steph when the Daniel hot pot was: good thing it's the week after the Joshua hot pot, or else I would have TOO MUCH hot pot that weekend! It's like dim sum: it's good, but too much isn't great, if you know what I mean! Had a good time chatting to my sibs about Grandma coming back on Friday and church stuff ("hanging ducks for Kids Night!") before we left: a Citrus-Dad fight match would be an interesting idea since they already trash-talked each other! ("this is NOT a VCEFC-sanctioned event, but all the proceeds are going to the church building fund anyway!") Then we dropped Jon off at the Scottish Cultural Centre (dragonflies!), went to Ikea (frozen yogurt and so much furniture!), and now we're just waiting for Eric to pick us up for dinner. Good times. :D (at least I changed the desktop picture on my mom's computer!)

Hilarious moment of the day:

Mom, noticing that an intersection near the church (the one we usually use to access church) was closed: "Road Closed?! Is this construction for the RAV Line?!"
(note: our church is at Broadway and Nanaimo, nowhere close to where the RAV line is actually being constructed in the Oakridge / Granville area)
My sibs and I just looked at each other and tried convincing her that there were other construction projects going on that had nothing to do with the RAV line! Hahaha...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home