Thursday, October 26, 2006

Flaming pile of dung / Randal Google Image Search / Cinnabon Strawberry Lemonade & Mochalatta Chill

The rain is here now, sigh. Eric M. called me a flaming pile of dung-a-roos while bidding me goodnight earlier... cheh! I forgot to explain to him what "Jon's Richmond thing" is, but I'll do so in an email right now. (Friday plans, basically) Then Chinese Eric got online again, telling me to "LMK." Since I'd seen this weird abbreviation from him yesterday right before he signed off, I asked him what that meant as I don't DO Netspeak / abbreviations! (haha, I just realized how elitist that sounds... but I don't care, hehe) He told me that it meant "let me know," and asked about my wet carpet. Uh, his sweat didn't make it wet at all... sure it was hot, but hopefully white Eric's fixed the heater! He likes a cooler environment, and reminded me of his comments as we left Moxie's on Saturday: it makes him feel more fresh and alive.

We can certainly set up another day to do his blog update properly, since the wire thing kinda scotched that... maybe Remembrance Day weekend, since it'll be chill with no Fellowship OR Awana! (there IS Fellowship, but there's NO WAY that I'm going to a ping-pong thing at Bridgeport or anywhere else!) Speaking of "scotch," I had a candied apple drink at Moxie's... with butterscotch schnapps! :D So since HE signed off just as I was going to give him an answer about that, I emailed him about that too! (completely separate from the "Richmond Crew and Randal" email, of course!)

Hey, sweet! Randal emailed me back about the wonderings of the Richmond Crew! Let's see what he says... "Did I ever tell you that, in my spare time, I like to go around town taking pictures of fat guys and chicken-men? Actually, you are correct. The Google image search is a gold-mine of this stuff. I did a search of "Chicken Man" and got the chicken guy. For the fat guy, I searched for "strong man" and found him - go figure." HA! I KNEW IT! I AM THE CHAMPION! :D (speaking of Jon, he wants to find some book he saw at Village Books... the problem is that he doesn't remember the title or the author... going by cover alone would be time-consuming! :P) I predict that at least one of the Richmond Crew will say certain things about my knowing the answer which are NOT true in any way, shape, or form! Cheh!

P.S. Nick is so NOT my sock puppet... or indeed a sock puppet in general. He's just a sweetheart who knows how to support his friends. :)


Cinnabon Strawberry Lemonade & Mochalatta Chill

Cinnabon gives lemonade a twist by adding strawberry syrup. It's a simple clone when you snag some Hershey's strawberry syrup (near the chocolate syrup in your supermarket), and a few juicy lemons. But if it's a bit of a caffeine buzz you're looking for -- enhanced by a killer chocolate rush -- it's the Mochalatta Chill you'll want to whip up. Brew some double-strength coffee (see Tidbits) and let it cool off, then get out the half & half and chocolate syrup. Man, these sippers are just too dang easy!

Strawberry Lemonade
1/2 cup lemon juice (from 3-4 fresh lemons)
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups water
2 tablespoons Hershey's strawberry syrup

1. Mix ingredients together in a pitcher. Serve over ice. Makes 2 drinks.

Mochalatta Chill
1 cup double strength coffee, cold (see Tidbits)
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup

Topping
whipped cream

1. Combine all ingredients in a small pitcher. Stir well or cover and shake. Pour over ice in two 16 ounce glasses, and top with whipped cream. Makes 2 large drinks.

Tidbits
Make double-strength coffee in your coffee maker by adding half the water suggested by the manufacturer. Allow coffee to chill in the refrigerator before using it in this recipe.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home