Sunday, September 17, 2006

Poncho, moisturizers, and more!

Note: Bizarre Random LJ Thingamajigger / LJ Production Cast / LJ Officers / LJ Directing an Episode blogquizzes. (by Ted, Stephanie, and nI'taQ)

It's been an interesting day so far: I was in such a rush this morning that I accidentally put my Engrish shirt on backwards... thankfully, nobody noticed since I put my poncho on top. (but I fixed it just before Sunday School... the kids and aunties don't care! :P) When I walked into service, Joey wished me a happy birthday. I sat with Jeremy, and Vania came in a little later and wished me a happy birthday too. My sister had given me a bag full of fortune cookies and a blue shirt with a snake / dragon on it that said "POISON!" earlier... haha, how quirky! After service, Kevin gave me a card and Vivian and Karen gave me something in a gift bag... how nice of them! I went downstairs to the kitchen to drink some water: Dylan and Christon saw me there and wished me a happy birthday. Just before I went outside, Auntie Catherine gave me a hug and birthday wishes: she couldn't take me to lunch this week, but next week should be fine! Then I quickly gave Adam and Andrew their birthday card before heading out.

I was talking to Sheena, Chalaine, Billy, Stella, and others when I heard some people (like Jeremy, my sister, Nathan, Danielle, and others) singing "Happy Birthday" just behind me... I knew Steph was in on it for sure! (later, I heard that Jackie / Melia / Vanessa / Cindy were too... I'd yell at them, but that was nice too!) Baby Benjamin liked my poncho, especially the bow part! I asked Anthony when his birthday was: at first, he refused to tell me because then I'd get him a present (all I have planned is a card!), but then relented when a couple others asked too. It's the same day as Lauren's (Oct. 10), and he's a year younger than Vanessa, so he's Christon's age. Danielle and Citrus also gave me a card, and Mike T. and Emily didn't know it was my birthday. I joked that they could make one and give it to me next week, but they took me seriously! Heh, that's cool though!

Chung's brother Ming was back for a visit, and he said that he wasn't ready to turn 30... what, like *I* am?! Billy thought I was the same age as he was, but I'm a year younger. I hung around to hear Steph tell Jeremy and Vivian Lam the "Nipples and Bites" story of last week, and then joked to Vivian that we'd leave her stranded in the rain without a ride to Sunday School / the 7-11. Then I asked Jeremy if he'd received my email: he had, but forgot to reply. He'll be at the dinner, as will Eric since he told me the same thing when he wished me a happy birthday later. (he's receptive to carpooling too!) Afterwards, I told Jeremy the "tentacles / t*sticles" story: he had a good laugh at that, hahaha.

Then I went to Sunday School, where Auntie Fonda and Auntie Tracy gave me some moisturizer bath set and some chips. After that, I talked to David, who said he didn't do anything for his 11th birthday! I went outside to ask Nathan and Jen if they were coming: they were, so that makes at least 15 people for the dinner! (me, Karen, Randal, Dylan, both Erics, Billie, Jeremy, Nathan, Jen, Jon, Steph, etc.) Mike K. saw my poncho, and he said he wore his to SFU: no one offered him drugs or asked if they could get some from him, hahaha! So far, it's been a good day since Justin's grandma treated us for a Greek lunch at Trocadero next door to Golden Phoenix, too! (unrelated to the birthday, but free food is free food!) Then the family talked about Sabrina, Chris Lam, his sister Vivian, Joyce (French bread for dinner?!), and others on the way to the townhouse. My mom expressed surprise that I was on the computer instead of napping, but I had to update. Maybe I'll get through some of my 63+ comments / general email / friends page, too...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home