Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Illusionist, hot dogs and Chihuahuas in Mexico, the Comma Sutra

Hey, cool! Eric sent me, Jon, Steph, Nathan, Dallas, Anthony, Jeremy, and Eric H. an email about the movie he was talking about before. "To celebrate my birthday (Sept 5, technically today) I thought we could go see the Illusionist (Edward Norton does Magic). It shows at 10:15 at Silvercity. Any earlier shows will cut the dinner with my family too short. Give me a call tomorrow if you are game for it (I get free cell phone minutes on my Birthday). Feel free to invite others not here. Just let me know about them showing up so I can approve or disapprove of them, I mean just so I know who we should be waiting for. Eric." Hahaha, sounds good then! He knows I'm game for it, but I'll shoot him a message or call anyhow, then figure out plans with Steph or Jon later! (I've spent a lot of time on my comment emails, too!)

Speaking of Steph, she also sent me / Jon / Eric a funny picture she took while in Mexico. Oh great. The "Hot dogs / Chihuahua" sign reminds me of the "chihuahua / little Mexican dog" jokes that Eric bugged me with years ago! (he even pointed out the Mexican city of Chihuahua on a map at church... I KNOW!) So I responded to her to tell her what Jon and I had to explain to Mom at the wedding banquet... I'll call her tomorrow, anyway!

In a grammar community, I read that someone rendered the Kama Sutra as the "comma sutra"... oh man. :| I remember seeing an LJ icon with a bunch of commas in different positions, and commented to that post saying so. A larger version was posted as a reply to the original post some time later, so of course I had to Photobucket it for inclusion here. Here are the pictures!


Hot dogs / Chihuahua sign:




Comma Sutra:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home