Sunday, September 03, 2006

Where's Jen? / Awana starting again / Benihana Magic Mustard Sauce

Oh man. While I was composing that last entry, Nathan popped up on my screen to ask whether I was at that cooking thing tonight. When I said that I had been there, he asked if I knew where Jen was. All I know is that she left early with Lesley, and mentioned maybe meeting a friend at a place Lesley dropped her off. Nathan said that Jen's mom was concerned about where she was... oops. It was 1:35 AM, so I can understand that concern! I gave Nathan the home and cell numbers that I have for Lesley... and I'll ask him about it tomorrow (later today, really) at church.

I should also note here that "Buy-Low for Gwei Lo!" was brought up during dinner. Haha, stores like to create the impression that you're saving money: Buy-Low (in Kingsgate Mall as well as a bunch of other places around here), Save-On Foods, Safeway, etc. Interesting stuff, though! At least Eric didn't go into "robot mode" when on the bridge, and turned off at the correct point while going to Phil's! Heh, I reminded him like he asked me to!

Auntie Rebecca also emailed us about the new Awana year orientation and such. Apparently, the first day is this Saturday and we're meeting at 3 PM... wanna bet that Sam and I won't make it at that time? (the one time we DID have to make it by then, we showed up at 3:30, haha) The orientation is the following day (Sunday) from 2-6, but she doesn't say where. Ugh... I'll have to ask both Sam and Auntie Rebecca about things tomorrow (later today) also then!

My life needs to stop being so busy so I can have time to catch up online and on my comments. Right now, I have comments from two days ago in my journal comments folder. Oh well, it'll level out... maybe on Monday, I can finally catch up! :D

That said, I need to TRY getting some sleep. Yay for not getting enough beauty rest. :P (I look forward to Monday when I *can* sleep in, but I do need to get up "early" on Tuesday... like before 12:30?)


Benihana Magic Mustard Sauce

1 tablespoon Sesame seeds - crushed & toasted
3 tablespoon Dry mustard
2 tablespoon Hot water
3/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 Garlic clove - crushed
3 tablespoon Heavy cream - whipped

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place sesame seeds in flat pan in oven to toast. (about 10-15 minutes) Mix mustard and water in a small mixing bowl until it forms a paste. Place in blender with sesame seeds, soy sauce and garlic. Blend at high speed for about 1 minute. Remove and stir in whipped cream.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home