Saturday, September 02, 2006

Dream: Drugs in statues and smoking it up on the balcony?

I had a weird dream that involved me and a bunch of my friends at a church banquet in a restaurant. While there, some of us got a mysterious call from one of our other associates to meet him at a graveyard ASAP. So we all hightailed it out of the restaurant to our huge van. We all got settled in, even eating food off our blue and white china plates from the restaurant! As we drove, we looked at maps and tried to remember where the closest graveyard was: someone mentioned Knight / 49th, so we headed there. Then Eric mentioned that there was a hill near Nathan's house which led to a little cemetery, so we changed direction and headed toward Broadway / Commercial. (24-hour Shoppers Drug Mart / Skytrain station / Red Robins [on Broadway / Oak in real life])

We got lost in a maze of residential side streets, and were trying to find an exit when we realized that we should probably have this on film. Fidela and Citrus offered to whip out their digicams with extensions and film some of it, so we let them out of the car. It was comedy which followed, as two of the four exits we COULD use were being blocked: one by wooden planks, and the other (which wasn't blocked when we saw the first exit) by a cable company featuring police / construction workers in rather bright orange and yellow uniforms. Somehow, Eric let ME navigate: for some reason, I was much better at this than I am in real life, so I got everyone out of there quickly after I let Fidela and Citrus back into the van.

After that, we heard about a statue in an apartment building with drugs in it that our associate wanted us to procure. We met our associate at this richly-appointed building, which I thought I'd been to before. It had gold railings and red velvet couches, and just looked very nice with the marble flooring! So we took the elevator up a few floors, and then took the long way around to an apartment. On the way there, we saw various shops with colorful bracelets / necklaces / coats / clothing for sale. Once we were at this apartment, our associate pounded on the door to no avail. He cursed, wrote a note, and stuck it on the door: "IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE OUT AT THE TIME THAT MY ASSOCIATES AND I SHOW UP TO SEE THIS STATUE, THERE WILL BE DIRE CONSEQUENCES!"

Then we were free to go: I saw a washed-out version of Auntie Helen (Bryant's mom) getting ready to smoke a bowl with one of my other friends on the apartment's balcony. I checked out the colorful accessories in the shops: Eunice's mom was the owner of one of them. Those necklaces looked pretty, even if the display was in a hybrid of English and French! Then I went back to the balcony, interested in what they were doing. I took a "menu" of what was available as far as pot / hookah flavors went. The dream ended when I was perusing the menu: it was beige, and had light black capital letters as its font. It even had a picture of a chef bearing things on a tray under a round silver cover! If this is what happens to me on (red) Nyquil, I'm not sure I want it anymore! o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home