Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Realizations, money, documents, running errands, surname lists, and Pico de Gallo

Note to self: When I have money again, go to Shoppers Drug Mart and receive 1000 points if I purchase an exclusive product: Coast Body Wash, Method, and Life Goat's Milk Soap by August 31. Thanks for the coupon, Mom! (also, I should get that Phillips screwdriver...)

Dang! I just realized that I *did* have a copy of the first page in the tax documents... stupid thing, hiding in my bag! :P Oh well, I need to renew my BCID (at the DMV next to SS) anyhow... I should give them a stub and explain that it's covered by the Ministry so it can be free. (why pay when you don't have to?) I also need to get a two-month bank statement / my hydro bill so that people can photocopy it over at SS. Man, I wish I'd looked in my bag a little more closely. Guess I won't be keeping the one that might come in the mail later... but maybe do so anyway. (I'm paranoid) Maybe I'll make a day trip out of running all these errands at the end of August...

Wikipedia list of the most popular family names

Wikipedia list of common Chinese surnames (Yes! My last name shows up on this list! :P)


Applebee's Pico de Gallo

Notes: This is a great summer relish to serve with chips, or even on a hamburger.

INGREDIENTS:

3 large tomatoes diced
1 large onion diced
2 Tbsp. diced Jalapenos
1/2 cup fresh cilantro (diced)
2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. white vinegar

Preparation Instructions: Mix all ingredients together in large container until well-blended. Allow to sit for at least 6 hours. It is better if allowed to sit overnight.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home