Monday, August 28, 2006

CD-ROM / DVD drive working again (for now?) / Tool advice

Now I have spam from the year 2038... o_O

... my CD-ROM / DVD drive works again (for now?)! I'm happy since I was going to buy a screwdriver this week, but it would probably be a good idea to do that anyhow! (I remember Candy advising me to buy a toolkit some time ago, in October!) I was randomly checking to see what was in the drive, and an autoplay menu popped up when the CD was back in the drive! (yay!)

Candy's advice on toolkits: "First reason: you be single. You don't have some guy to help you fix a loose bolt or screw.... and you won't have to call your dad.

Second reason: it comes in handy more than you could ever realise. (I hang a picture when I want.)

Third reason: one should never be without a couple pliers, wrenches, a hammer, and screwdrivers. Of course, Allen wrenches still confuse me, but I have them.

Les... Flams... go to Canadian Tire, or WalMart, and get you one. Something all-inclusive, with flathead and Phillips screwdrivers, pliers, a hammer, and some wrenches. Some kits have socket sets. AND, the one screwdriver with magnetic parts for heads are great!! Get a MasterCraft one (Canadian Tire product), and it's good for life (they are like Sears tools, and not as expensive), which means they'll replace it, if you break a tool. A good basic kit is the single woman's friend.

Don't worry about your *condition*, and being able to use it, because I know you might be thinking that. You could fix anything at all basic, and not have to worry. Tell the clerk you need something you can handle. A decent kit will run you $25 to $45.

I worry about you, and I know you are very independent. This, believe it or not, gives a woman a feeling of independence more than you'll ever know... :D

Loves ya, girl... youse like a daughter to me... get yer own tools, OK?"

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home