Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Updating at Firehall for the first time in a long time...

Right before I went out, Jen buzzed me on MSN to ask if I was coming to her place on Sunday. I told her that I'd likely see my siblings tonight, so I'd see what was happening then. She responded that both of them plan to be there, so that's good: I'll just bug them about it later! ;) I also checked my email just now, and Vivian invited a bunch of us for ice skating and Greek food tomorrow: ice skating isn't for me ever since I had to get stitches when I was a kid on a school field trip to Minoru Ice Arena, so I haven't tried it since a very brief icy encounter in Gr. 9 on a Timothy Fellowship outing! With my pre-existing balance issues, I think I'm better off avoiding this social interaction! (sorry, Viv!)

My dentist appointment went all right, if you don't count the fact that I arrived late... stupid buses! So then the receptionist suggested that I go to the mall for an hour since the 2 PM patient had already arrived... fine by me, as I hadn't had a chance to have much lunch. I got some noodle soup, and spent the time reading the BOOK OF LISTS that Melissa's family got me for Christmas: I found something on page 143 that Jeremy might like just because of the name. There's an animal called the Euler's flycatcher that's been extinct since June 1955. (I know he likes the mathematician Euler... but this was named after some Swiss ornithologist) After the appointment was over with, I saw Joe Yu on my way back to the mall: we said hi to each other, of course. I decided to do some Internet browsing on the Oakridge library computers: the whole library is closed indefinitely due to flooding! o_O

Then I went to the Firehall library (which is fairly close to the Red Robins where I need to be at 7), and noticed changes. They have new computers, offer you choices between Mozilla and Internet Explorer, allow you to work for an hour if needed, and have a little timer counting down the time you have. (and they also have one in the taskbar in case you can't see the numbers on the ticker thing) The only thing I don't like about these computers is the bad apostrophes and the lack of working pointy brackets! Oh well... I have like 7 minutes left, so I should submit this post pretty soon! (and I'll edit it when I get home)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home