Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Spammers, workout advice, and Scientology

Just heard a girl named George on the radio... o_O (reminds me of the WWF wrestler "named" Mabel, haha)

I've heard Gnarls Barkley for the first time, and I think I like it. :D

Some people in the latest LJ news post are spamming it and generally being immature. (pages 16 onwards...) Now, while I may be annoying with my spelling corrections to some people, at least that's to the good. *nod* I'd complain to them individually, but I don't want all that showing up in my journal comments folder. o_O I'll just make one comment as a placeholder, although that may have the same result!


Here's some workout advice from Corey, which I may heed:

[20:33:40] mrptptpt: well, Scientology doesn't like drugs... not even medicine that's good for you. so I guess it's not that
[20:37:59] AlenaBrolxFlami: Scientology is freaky
[20:38:18] mrptptpt: no no, it's not at all. it'll teach you to be truly free
[20:38:37] AlenaBrolxFlami: free from what?
[20:39:03] mrptptpt: don't you ever feel like something is holding you back from achieving your dreams? from that!
[20:43:02] AlenaBrolxFlami: you have gone insane... where is the Corey that I've come to know?
[20:44:30] mrptptpt: I think you should read Dianetics. it will explain these things better than I can
[20:56:32] AlenaBrolxFlami: o_O
[20:58:25] mrptptpt: I am so out of shape.... I decided I needed to get back into working out really bad, so I'm doing Workout #1 on Scrapper's site...

I'm almost done with the first thing... very tired :P granted, the first thing is over 150 pushups... but I used to be able to do that :P
[21:01:14] mrptptpt: okay, now that's done, and step 2 is to do a harder kind of pushup "until failure"... that'll be easy because I do not have many of those in me :P
[21:01:40] AlenaBrolxFlami: that's more like it
[21:01:51] AlenaBrolxFlami: thought you got brain-napped by the aliens.
[21:04:36] mrptptpt: somehow I have gotten very out of shape. if I look in the mirror standing sideways with my stomach totally relaxed, I look half pregnant... that has never happened before and I do not care for it :P I feel like a gigantic clumsy ogre while doing this stuff and I've barely even gained any weight since when I actually regularly worked out (other than just sitting around doing grippers, which doesn't really count as a workout :P)
[21:04:46] mrptptpt: and yes I'm kidding about the Scientology crap :P
[21:04:56] AlenaBrolxFlami: yeah, that's not the best look :P
[21:05:10] AlenaBrolxFlami: I'd hope so
[21:06:13] mrptptpt: well, my stomach doesn't stick out all that far, but it's certainly farther than it ever has before :P there isn't all that much fat there or anything... but it is apparently collecting there :P I haven't been working out for 3-4 months at least by now... probably longer, other than the occasional workout :P
[21:08:30] mrptptpt: I do have a Scientology recruitment DVD.... so if I ever start talking like that, you never know.......... :P
[21:08:33] AlenaBrolxFlami: I myself should get into shape, but it's kinda hard to pull out of inertia
[21:09:17] mrptptpt: a body in motion stays in motion :P
[21:09:49] mrptptpt: one at rest stays that way.... so... start rolling and it's a lot easier to stay moving :P that is exactly my problem right now
[21:12:51] mrptptpt: even if you only do a little every day or even every other day, it'll keep you doing SOMETHING

do a hard workout (at whatever hard is for you... don't be insane like me and try to do the entire workout at that link all at once... at least not yet :P) about once a week and medium to light ones the rest of the time
[21:20:57] AlenaBrolxFlami: I'll have to make a note of that
[21:25:01] mrptptpt: and even if you can't do a single rep of things, there are ways to work into it

just trying to improve your time when holding positions can be a pretty tough workout, and anyone can do most of those for at least a few seconds... and if you can do that, you can improve on it :P like just holding yourself in a pushup position, sitting against a wall, etc...
[21:31:45] mrptptpt: okay, I cut out like 80% of the lower body portion of that workout.. but I'm done :P and tired
[21:31:49] mrptptpt: shower time
[21:32:36] mrptptpt: doing just the ab portion of that workout wouldn't be a bad way to start :P that part of it isn't too intense and you need core strength for most anything, so it's a good place to start :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home