Thursday, May 11, 2006

Buses to Metrotown, being out longer than expected, cheap deals, "me" time

Went out today with my grandma as advertised. I wasn't expecting to stay out for like 8 hours straight, though! Of course I've done it before (most times when I was expecting it), but sometimes my endurance for such things isn't always the same, especially when I thought I'd get home in time to do some banking and such! (I guess mailing Corey's card will have to wait till tomorrow after I do stuff with Helen and Nicholas...) That doesn't mean I'm somehow to blame when I get cranky and want to go home to recharge and such... my mom wanted to go out for dinner at Hon's. That would have been fine, but I'd had enough of going out and needed some "me time." ;) (at least I didn't get chewed out for expressing that desire, though... which is a vast improvement! :P)

First, there was the bus ride that took us to Metrotown in Burnaby instead of the hairdressing salon on the outskirts of Richmond that she wanted to go to. She insisted she knew where it was, so I didn't really bother to look at the map my mom had printed out. (the font on that thing was so tiny that no sane human could read it without developing serious eyestrain! :P) Let's just say she wasn't impressed... but we managed to catch the #430 back to Richmond and the hair salon. At least I know which bus to take if I really want to go to Metrotown in future. (but I haven't been there in like two years!) I then rediscovered the childhood joy of blowing dandelion seeds into the grass... too bad I can't do that around here. Well, I probably can... but I'm too lazy to go search 'em out, haha.

We had lunch, and then I waited while she got her hair done. After that, we went to Rice World, which has a LOT of food and stuff at cheap prices. My mom met us there later on, and enabled my seaweed addiction. (I was truly okay with not having any, but if she said she'd subsidize 100 pieces of red-hot seaweed... hehe, sounds like something Jane would send Corey!) Grandma bought me "ABC Nugget" chicken-flavored crackers, preserved veggies, rambutan, coffee-flavored popsicles, caramel Pocky, microwaveable oatmeal, and other things. Along with other bulk size items, I saw 3.5-litre containers of chicken chili sauce and 2.84-litre cans of baby corn. (plus the EXPIRED preserved vegetables... I know they're preserved, but man!)

We must have spent more than 2 hours in that store! Then we went to another store (99ยข store) where we spent at least an hour. (my mom bought me a notebook from there, heh) Among other things, I saw PURPLE YAM ice cream! My mom repeated the "We can kiss and make out!" thing from a month back. She claimed not to know what it meant, so I told her that it was deep kissing shared between two people who wanted to have sex. (not necessarily the sex part, but she doesn't really need to know that!) Then she said that I was making it up... um, no. At least I tried? *shrug*

Then it was off to Lansdowne Mall, where Mom got a bag of free buttersalt Kernels popcorn / three pineapples / a lot of stuff from the dollar store. (she got me some Tropical Fruit Breezers) She came up with the Hon's dinner idea, which I wasn't particularly up for because of the reasons stated at the top of this entry... she thanked me for spending time with Grandma, at least. I got home by 6, so that's plenty of time to recharge before tomorrow morning at 11-ish! Hopefully, I can sleep earlier than usual and NOT wake up before my alarm because of inconsiderate jabronies!

Now it's time to catch up in here... note to self: tell sister about Mom's denial of the true meaning of "making out," as well as TMI about her robe. (nah, you don't need to know...) Oh yeah, I should also tell her that HAMLET says that you can poison people by pouring that in their ears, since it's connected to your throat through the eustachian tube. The things I learn by reading the Book of Lists that Melissa's family got me for Christmas... :D (no, I'm not planning to murder anyone... I just want to freak her out, muhahaha!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home