Monday, May 01, 2006

Mad Greek dinner, and blasts from the past

The dinner at the Mad Greek went well, which was a good thing. I spent most of the meal catching up with my sister, who'd been in Montreal helping Vivian S. move back home after about a year there: four suitcases, all the carry-ons, and some other things full of stuff?! Oh my. Vivian's glad to be home, no doubt. Steph said that they'd tried some hot and sour soup in Montreal (with chicken instead of pork), and Vivian seems to really like it. Maybe they should go for some one day when Viv's settled back here, heh. Steph also discussed Stepho's, the Greek restaurant with HUGE portions that a bunch of us went to in January 2004: we should go there again too! When I told her that Eunice wasn't going back to Shanghai Wind for a year since she and her parents went there a lot recently (cheap siu long bao!), she figured that she could convince Eunice again in a few months. Sure, why not? :D

Steph was also doing some Kakuro to pass the time before dinner.. it's sorta like Sudoku, but in a crossword format: not for me, probably! She and Vivian were in a Montreal Chapters (no huge dumps! :P), and they overheard some white guy on his cell phone using "Fo' shizzle my nizzle" in a total serious way. o_O Vivian called to tell her that Detroit was eliminated by Edmonton 4-3 tonight: probably a good thing for the playoffs, haha. Big upset, whee! Steph and I also discussed last summer, Emily Chow, Jen's computer problem night at Nathan's, and various other memories. Hey, we don't have to celebrate Father's Day for the third year in a row! (2004 = parental Europe / Spain cruise, 2005 = Steph grad, 2006 = Jon grad) Steph's understandably excited about having the house to herself for two weeks, of course!

Since our parents were busy talking to their friends, I was also able to tell my sister some weird things about Mom, like how she insisted on using the word "BOMB" at the airport a couple of times. BAD idea, which will get you fined at the VERY least! Yesterday morning, she'd given me way too much information when I asked her whether Grandma had told her that I'd called before they left for church: I was expecting a "yes" or "no," not a "whole picture" answer involving the bathroom and such! o_O Then there was her reasoning why I didn't want to go over to her place anymore... Steph did NOT tell her that I hated their parental restricted controls because I wanted to look up p*rn on the computer! Even if I *did* want to look that up (which I don't :P), I wouldn't choose their computers to do so! o_O (then there's Mom using certain terminology to mean something innocent... no, we don't want to be your lovers or make out with you! o_O)

She heard that we were going to my cousin Aaron's wedding... she figured that Mom finally realized that Grandma would have a big fit if we DIDN'T go! Good decision, since you don't really want to prolong the family drama either! I have leftover lamb, rice, bread, and more from the restaurant: as my sister says, it's a A+++ meal! The total bill was $153.60, aiyoh! It was cool, though: my sister and I weren't paying for it. ;) (the restaurant decor was really good too... better than Felico's! :P)

We saw Carol, Nadia, and Violet Moutal at the restaurant too... Mom thought that Violet's name was Julie. Um, no... good thing she asked Steph at our table instead of calling Carol and Nadia's mom that! They recognized us, and asked about Jon as well. My siblings knew them from elementary school, and I'd seen Nadia at the mall more than two years ago now. Steph remembered that they had a brother named Eric, but doesn't know what happened to him. On the way home, she called Eric M. to basically say that I'd given him the wrong message this afternoon on MSN (I'll be hearing about that one from him for weeks, haha) and to come over to watch 24. Mom then thought that I'd come over since Eric was arriving, and could sit next to him to bat my eyes at him. Yeah, right. I don't like him that way now, and haven't for a few years now. *rolleyes* (besides, I can update and catch up on stuff here: I won't be able to understand the show anyway since I'm so far behind on it... no downloading torrents for me either, heh)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home