Saturday, April 29, 2006

"He's her nephew?! I don't want to know how that works since she has no siblings!"

Awana today was all right... we learned that there would be summertime Awana for the first time in our history. (only four dates in July and August) Zoe brought a kid named Austin, who was advertised (according to Auntie Vivian) as her nephew. I know my old friend Teresa's niece Gloria was a year older / younger than she was (Teresa had five siblings, one in her 40s)... but Zoe has no siblings, let alone one who's significantly older than she is at eight! Elaine and I were trying to figure out how that was supposed to work, so we asked the kids. Apparently, Auntie Kam (Zoe's mom) is Austin's great-aunt. That kinda explains things... *is still confused* Emily also saw someone's sandwich that she wanted to poke, and I wanted to take it to eat myself since it didn't appear to be anyone's after debriefing. Of course, we did neither of those things!

Sam was telling Mike and me about this friend of his who wanted to go look for booze at 2 AM, but none of the liquor stores were open then. So this guy went to the 7-11 and bought some Sprite, Jolt Cola, and Red Bull to mix together: that's about 10 cups of coffee right there with all the caffeine in the Jolt Cola alone! Sam had a little bit of this concoction, but didn't try anything more. Then his friend wanted to steal a toilet that the neighbor had put out in their yard and put it on a school roof... he got as far as leaving it by the school's front steps.

Upon hearing this, Mike suggested other illegal activities such as stealing street signs (just make sure it's not a STOP SIGN!). Even better according to him: wearing hoodies with your face all zipped up and concealed so no one can tell it's you, and unscrewing your license plate when you drive by the neighbors' houses! Of course, you could also get stopped by the cops that way if they notice the car has no license plate, so maybe that's not better! (then Julie asked Mike if he wanted her to whip him again, even by accident: the answer was NO WAY!) Note: WE WERE JOKING AND DO NOT SANCTION THESE ACTIVITIES!

Upon arriving home, I called my mom to see what time my sister and Vivian would be getting home tomorrow from Montreal... apparently, their plane lands at 10:25 PM. I'm not sure I'm up for going to the airport then, however. While I was on the phone, I asked if she'd decided to go to my cousin Aaron's wedding or not: she has decided to go, so I'll have to book off Awana on June 3. She brought up going to the Mad Greek restaurant near my place for Greek food on Monday night at 6:30 since Vernon's parents are going back to the States soon: I might be up for that, and she assumes Steph will be too. (hey, it's not Felico's! :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home