Sunday, April 23, 2006

"These are bananas... don't stomp on them!"

This morning, Erin told me to tell Steph that she was actually on time for service! She'd be proud of her friend, and it's too bad she wasn't there since she was doing the Sun Run with Eric, Rachel, John Lam, Jason L., and about 50,000 other people. I asked Jen what she was doing for her birthday next week: she says she'll go out drinking with a bunch of friends. Sounds okay to me, heh. Jeremy brought a friend from the Willingdon church; I didn't catch his name, but he was the cause of baby Benjamin's first exposure (?) to cigarette smoke. (no, of course he didn't smoke right next to the baby, but the smoke did travel on the wind to where we were!) We were all admiring his chubby cheeks after service while various people took turns holding him... Sheena shares her birthday with him, yay! Alan had just started to hold him when he started to cry, so we joked that it was something about Alan, since he was relaxed in his uncle Eddie's arms! Then Billy smelled the smoke and asked whether we smelled it too. After that, they all left... very understandable.

I also gave Jen her birthday Bathroom Reader... she hugged me and said that it was sweet of me. Too bad I didn't really see Andrea so I could give her some stuff for HER birthday, but maybe next weekend. Then I said hi to Eunice, and asked her if Eddie had given her some stuff yet. No, but he saw me in service and was reminded of it! Ah well, at least someone has it, heh. A bunch of us agreed that we didn't like carrying a lot of money at once because of the possibility that it might be stolen if we lost our wallets, as has happened before. Alan said that Tracy was doing all right, and would be back sometime next month: yay, birthday girl! At the toddler Sunday School, little Sean (who walks around a lot) was being very good and sitting down more than usual... he even let me take his shoes off for him! (new carpet and all) I talked to Isabel later, who's very excited about her cousin Vivian coming home from France... it'll be good times having her back, haha!

After lunch with Chung Yan's family, Terry, and Dylan (who says Josh and Joanna are getting married, and doesn't like the idea of gay guys trying to pick him up at the gym while working out), my family killed time for half an hour before picking my sister up at the Yaletown Brewery where she'd gone for a post-run lunch with her co-workers. She said that a bunch of people got their meals for free since their orders somehow never came with the rest of the tables! (so she should have ordered something more expensive than pizza, heh... but of course she had to pay for her two beers!) The run was all right except for a lot of sun in her face: if it weren't for that, she says she could run 10K in just under an hour. She saw John Lam there, who ran it in 49 minutes: Sophia was holding baby Olivia and couldn't really run, so they waited for him at the finish line. (although she could have put her in a stroller and walked) Steph also saw Eric, who was six minutes slower than she was. Rachel made a good time, and Steph was also faster than her co-workers.

There was some girl who fell down during the last K of the race, and just broke down sobbing.. you had to feel bad for her, my sister said. (the volunteers brought out an aluminum blanket for her...) She or Eric had researched the incline of the Burrard Street Bridge online, but in practice, it was much harder! She did her heritage proud and got a lot of free stuff (especially since her company sponsored the workers to raise funds for Raise-A-Reader): Reactine, energy bars, bagels, and other things. Next up for her is going to Montreal on Tuesday to help Vivian S. move back here... they'll be crazy, heh. Grandma told us not to stomp on her bananas: like mother, like daughter! (since Mom does that too... my sister and I hope we won't be like that, but WHO KNOWS!)

Apparently, my cousin Aaron is getting married during the first weekend of June. My mom hasn't decided whether the family's going or not, since there's still some drama with her and her brother (the groom's father): "If one of us goes, we all go... but if one of us doesn't go, then we won't!" Sister advised her to just go: it won't be THAT bad, and there's no use trying to prolong it since it's all in the past! That's the line she used on Mom earlier when she found out from me that Mom and Dylan hadn't talked to each other at lunch. (they had drama regarding my brother's guitar a few months back) So I guess we'll see if we're going or not... my mom and grandma also gave me some things to take home, whee.

Dizamn! Corey's solution for my non-working screen saver (setting the monitor to turn off after some time to save power) had a favorable outcome! (trying to avoid too much usage of the word "work" in a short blurb, heh) I'll have to tell him about that after I nap. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home