Saturday, February 25, 2006

We have a church mouse! / Bon's, the Olympics, Mexico, and more Mom hilarity!

At Awana today, Jason saw / heard a mouse in with the boxes and Christmas stuff. The guys managed to catch it and let it out, although Jason wanted to kill it. It also bit his brother Amos, and caused great consternation among the kids and leaders! (there was more than one... at least three, and possibly more besides!) Chris chose to play MOUSETRAP as part of Game Time, which Anita and I thought rather funny and appropriate, haha!

Sam didn't go home right away, so I chose to stick around for the info session on the Mexico missions trip. (why not, eh?) He, Joey, his sister Emily, and I went to Bon's for some dinner beforehand: we discussed the Olympics and speed skating rules / uniforms. (the Canadian uniforms are UGLY!) I heard about some game the high school group had played this morning which involved eating a Mars Bar from a diaper! (Margaret won that one over my sister, and Rich apparently refused to play) My sister held her own in the "Honey, I love you so much... won't you please smile for me?" game, however! (where you try NOT to smile as this question's being asked of you)

The info session was interesting: Ryan thought I was going on the trip, but I'm not. It sounds cool enough, though! Christon, Sheena, Mike, Steph, and others showed up for the session as well. Steph told us about the visual she got when she jokingly suggested to my mother that she and Dad could rekindle the romance in their marriage by taking up figure skating. According to my mom, the only Chinese man who could lift her is Yao Ming! *laugh* ("Your father can't do it, you know!") Steph was laughing for an hour over that: Mom is 5 foot 4, and Yao Ming is so tall that she'd be extended! Then she managed to misremember Michelle's birthday again: it's April 20, not the 22nd (Karen Lew's) or the 23rd (her cousin Tracy's) or the 25th (when she goes over to Montreal to help Vivian move back home)! Good times, haha!


Caught up on blogs before I left: Spoz's drunken pranks and wild photos at the Fringe are always good for laughs, haha! Dawn's been keeping busy, Dave's had certain incidents happen to him that I find alternately amusing and horrifying, Vivian's been to Welsh castles (man, I envy her!), Steph's been normal (whatever that means for her :P), and Jon's done the Darfur Walk (at 8 AM?!) with Jeremy. (now I know what Eric was talking about last week when he referenced an email that my brother sent to everyone except me, heh)


Hilarious Mom quote from my sister's blog:

Steph: Mum! Wanna see Brokeback Mountain with us? (her and Vivian S.)
Mum: The one with the lesbian cowboys?

HAHAHA... I guess to her, it's all the same! :D :P

The Abuse of Quotation Marks

Facts About Multiples has also been updated. Time to update the BootyBase! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home