Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wasted trips, curry chips, tangerine-mango body wash, taco salad, miscommunications, and more!

Life By The Numbers:

Number of wasted trips out to the townhouse: 1. (I was supposed to spend time with my grandma, dammit!)

Number of minutes spent chilling there (someone will get a surprise to see the newspapers all over the table! :P): 50, approximately.

Number of trips to Shoppers: 2. (I thought I'd purchased some NEW tangerine-mango body wash when I bought some curry chips for myself and Corey [I should put some in a Ziploc bag for Eric to try tomorrow] / a card with Vancouver postcards for Cassandra at the same time, but my ditziness ruled everything again! Ah well... I also got some granola bars with free Blistex on the second trip, which is what Shannon was mentioning a while back)

Number of times the insane wind threatened to blow my hat off: 30 or so.

Number of trips to Boston Pizza: 1. (I got a taco salad and French onion soup there)

Number of trips to the liquor store: 1. (I finally got myself a bottle opener / corkscrew, which of course I have yet to try out... luckily, it has diagrams on the back for people who are as challenged as I am!)

Number of trips to Save-On Foods: 1. (I got "Twisted Whiskers" stickers and some mango ice cream which I think I'll enjoy more than the Moose Tracks... I dislike fudge chunks in my ice cream, so maybe I'll bring that tomorrow as part of refreshment night, haha!)

Number of times I contemplated calling up my family and letting them know of my displeasure: 50. (although I should have gotten a clue when there was nobody home two minutes before I went out!)

Number of bubble teas consumed: 1. (I got mango BBT at Death By Chocolate... bubs makes everything better, kinda!)

Number of times I got ideas for journal entries, especially while reading my Book of Lists: 4 or 5.

Number of times I had to fit Corey's birthday things into the shoebox that Candy shipped some things in last year: 1. (it should be fine if I just leave the chips on top of everything else, I hope...)

Number of times spent re-arranging the books and cards for Eunice / Jen / Andrea / Mom till I got everything right: 4. (it won't do if the wrong card is in with the wrong book and such!)

Number of times my mom says she emailed me to change plans: 2. (I didn't have time to check my email, eh?)

Number of times my grandma got mad / disappointed, and ranted at me in Chinese on the phone: 1. (apparently, her friend was waiting for her at some restaurant... oops)

Number of times I thought of undoing certain measures: 1. (but I don't want certain other things happening again, so I probably won't)

Number of times that "DO NOT EVER CHANGE PLANS ON ME AT THE LAST MINUTE!!!!" crossed my mind: 20. (they really shouldn't, if they want me to continue being reliable... 11:45 might be reasonable if I had time to prepare for it...)

Number of times I thought that I should just get a ride home from Eric on Sunday so as not to waste any more of my time: 5. (but I probably won't do THAT, either... no worries!)


At least my grandma now knows how to take the bus to Richmond Centre by herself... but it's probably not for the best since she can't see well. ("dangerous," my mom terms it) You won't read this, but: Sorry, Grandma! =/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home