Sunday, February 12, 2006

"Is wearing those shoes to church embarrassing?" / Yahoo login page / Superhero ability

According to certain people, I shouldn't rely on the moving extension. Well, I'll get more info tomorrow and then I'll figure things out. It's true that I've known about this for months, but sometimes you can't do anything about a situation until more information comes through and such. :P My sister also thinks that waking up on Sundays won't be such a chore for me if I establish a routine. Dude, there are such creatures as NIGHT PEOPLE.... and even if I did do that, it might not help the "not really sleeping till 4 AM even though I'm in bed already" part! :P

I also gave my sister her birthday card, which she was less than impressed with. ("I want money and real hugs too!") When I told her that at least I was going to her birthday party even though she hadn't gone to mine, she thought I was implying that I didn't want to go. No comment, but I'm just saying that I'm kinder and better than she is as far as that's concerned... and I'm only half-joking. Though I did write a line praising downtime and decreased social interaction, it wasn't as good as my 2001 birthday greeting of "you're an insignificant fart with a significant smell," hahaha. (Dawn and Jon had major laughs at that!)

At church, Helen brought her baby Nicholas: he was actually awake! I didn't have much time to chat with her and admire him since service was starting, but it was good seeing them! I bought a ticket from Rich for the church's 31st anniversary Floata lunch after church on Mar. 31: Steph says that our parents won't pay for us. =/ (I'm not paying for HER either, since she apparently prefers paying Rich back later to my harassing her!) Then I joked about double lives to Sarah, who had a big burn resembling lips on her hand. (Steph brought it up: "Those look like lips... Sarah, what have you been doing?!") Emily said that my dad was boiling eggs for three hours at church yesterday morning because Mom told him to: well, it still smelled like something was burning at night when Sam and I left after Awana! Julie joked that Mark got everything from the washroom... thanks for the information I didn't really need to know! *laugh*

I talked to Danielle about another meeting this afternoon: she wasn't going, as she had stuff to do before Steph's party tonight. She understands my point of view on meetings, especially if you don't know when they're going to end! Not that the new building isn't important, but you need downtime and time to do other things in between a packed schedule! She and Citrus aren't doing anything for Valentine's Day, which is fine by them... too much hype! After that, I went to supervise the toddlers and make sure none of them tried to escape. (Eric's description of my helping with the toddler Sunday School class, haha) That went pretty well, heh.


Later, I talked to two Awana kids who had very interesting perspectives on church! Eric thought that people never gave offering to church except during Sunday School, and his brother Matthew didn't know why people spoke both Chinese and English! (he was also showing me his light-up STAR WARS shoes, which matched a board game the church has) When I told them that I wasn't staying to eat lunch, they wondered where I would go: home, then to my sister's birthday party for dinner! I told them how old she was going to be, but refused to tell them my own age. Then Eric asked about my shoes: "Is wearing them to church embarrassing?" Hahaha, no.

That ate up just enough time for my friends' Sunday School class to let out, so I went outside to talk to Jen / Christon / Eric / Steph for a while. I told Christon that I needed downtime when he jokingly asked whether I couldn't stand two meals in a day with my family. Steph reminded me to be on time, and Nathan said he'd be at Christon's at 7 Chinese Time tonight. (Eric'll be there, too... it's good to get together!) Maybe I'll just use the Chinese Time thing too, since there's almost no way I'm getting there at 6. (but you never know what time it'll be when I finish checking what I need to, and eating lunch / showering...)

On the way home, Eric asked me what I was: I told him that I was the Toilet Monster! (well, he DID ask... and I'm just weird enough to come up with an answer like that!) He also discussed blubber, and asked whether I scammed people on the Internet... not me! We listened to a radio show on Yahoo / Match.com scamming people to get them to continue their membership at personal dating sites. He also wondered whether my lips were growing gunk: I certainly didn't think so, but took a Kleenex anyhow. Very interesting, indeed... yay for "me" time! :D


Oh, and I just noticed this on the Yahoo login page:

Your login session has expired.
Why does my session expire?

Login sessions expire for two reasons.

1. For your security, your Yahoo! Mail session expires a maximum of twenty-four hours after you have logged in. If you have chosen in your Yahoo! User Information (found be visiting "My Account" next to the Yahoo! Mail logo at the top of this page) to be prompted for a password more frequently than every day, your session will expire after the specified amount of time.



You'd think Yahoo would have corrected this by now, seeing as it's been like this ever since I've used it.



You are Flying Horsewoman.
(Your alter-ego is Leslie)



Your super-hero ability:


Use the Jedi mind trick



'What is your superhero ability?' at QuizGalaxy.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home