Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dream with dirty water / Stuff from Russia / Saying thanks / Corey's playlist advice

I had a dream that a bunch of my church friends and I were living in a very dirty river, with trees on the banks. This water was mud-brown with lots of litter and questionable stuff in it. I remember Vanessa wondering how her brother got to the big trailer-like structure we were all living in, but eventually we found it. Little Ian and Sean (brothers) and little Gwyneth and Evelyn (sisters) were inside with their various relatives, and so were a bunch of our own friends. I remember Stella having a kid and looking pregnant again: that was also the vase with a few others! Very weird dream...

Today, I got stuff from Katya (katzk) in the mail! A Christmas / New Year's card, a bunch of stickers, and two St. Petersburg postcards! I'm keeping the stamps as well... very sweet! This is all part of holiday_wishes: since I want to know if my stuff got to certain people, I left comments in their journals last night / this morning before I went to bed. *shakes head* Some people don't know how to say thanks: I heard of this one Netherlands girl in the community who spent over $300 in shipping last year, and only got four cards back. It's not about how much you get (in return), I know... but sometimes a little acknowledgement would be nice. That's why as soon as I get things from people in that community, I go into their journals and say thanks: it's simple enough to do, and people have done that with me. Heck, I certainly don't mind: it makes my day to know they got my simple gifts! I mean, COME ON... it's not that hard... is it?! *sigh*


Just so I remember, here's something Corey told me last night on how to set up playlists. He's told me this before, I'm sure....

[23:06:43] AlenaBrolxFlami: this is the first time that I've had scratching on the GWAR tuneage :P
[23:09:00] mrptptpt: just copy everything to your hard drive............... play it from there. then you don't need to put the disc in every time. if you want, add it all to a winamp playlist, or any kind of playlist really, save the playlist... then just go click on your playlist, and it'll start playing everything just like it would from the DVD.. but with no loading times from seeking on the DVD.. not that those should be too bad... and this problem you're having shouldn't be there if the files copy properly
[23:13:22] AlenaBrolxFlami: actually, that didn't last long.
[23:32:22] AlenaBrolxFlami: but I'll certainly take that advice... my last foray into playlists didn't last long, heh
[23:35:15] mrptptpt: you don't even NEED a playlist
[23:35:36] mrptptpt: I have an MP3 directory... I go into Windows Explorer... which I always have open since that's the way to get to files on your computer easily...
[23:35:55] mrptptpt: then I have each album in its own folder or whatever... then you go click on the song you want to play :P
[23:36:10] mrptptpt: if you want to play a whole album, right click the folder and click "play in winamp"
[23:36:37] mrptptpt: if you want the whole mp3 directory (every song you have), just right click the mp3 directory and click play in winamp...
[23:37:39] mrptptpt: playing a song already, and want to add to the playlist easily? go to the song / folder, right click, choose "enqueue in winamp" (adds to the playlist.. rather than "play in winamp," which clears the playlist and then adds what you've just told it to play)
[23:37:48] mrptptpt: I don't even use the playlist options..
[23:38:13] mrptptpt: just play / enqueue from Windows Explorer
[23:39:48] *** You have been disconnected. Tue Dec 06 23:39:48 2005.
[23:45:34] *** "mrptptpt" signed on at Tue Dec 06 23:45:30 2005.
[23:48:36] AlenaBrolxFlami: I wish I had every song on the thing on my hard drive, but that would take some doing.
[23:49:43] mrptptpt: that's why I download big torrents of bands where I already own the CDs... much easier than ripping them myself :P ripping isn't hard, but it'll defintely "take some doing" if you want to rip a whole bunch of them
[23:50:17] mrptptpt: if you ripped a CD whenever you felt like listening to that particular CD... that might work)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home