Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fellowship Christmas Potluck 2005 / Questions 1251-1300 of 5000

This afternoon and evening were quite fun.. time spent with friends is usually good. Eric teased me for being late to the dinner, but I couldn't make it before 6 because of Awana. As it was, Awana ran ten minutes late: once it was over, I was outta there and couldn't wait for the debrief if there was one! Good thing, too: I picked up little Ian before he fell on the stairs from trying to jump down them! (and his dad told me that my shoelaces were loose: those stupid things always are! :P) I also got a load of kiddy birthday / middle name information from Auntie Rebecca's black binder... yes, I collect strange things in my BootyBase. ;) My favorite kid David's back at Awana as a T&T clubber: yay! (these kids are aged 8 to 12, I think) I always liked that kid: the first time he called me by name (after five years of knowing me) was when he wanted to tell me that Rick (another kid) pushed him during Awana! Then I remember the first time I met him, his sister Hien told me that their daddy died while David was in their mommy's tummy. =/

Everyone had fun entertaining the babies (Megan, Joshua, Nathaniel, Olivia) at the potluck dinner, and even Helen K. made an appearance... she left her baby Nicholas at home, though. Randal and I talked a bit about what it was like to serve on the Fellowship Committee: good thing he didn't know that I'd served before, or else he would have nominated me instead! He wasn't sure if he wanted to accept the nomination, but he's in it now for the long haul! (at least a year) Then he mentioned that they'd miss me if I wasn't around: well, when your ride is tired / already halfway into Vancouver, there's not much I can do! (although I *did* try the last week with Sam and Jessica!) I also talked to Karen Choo, Nathan, Andy, Phil, Mel, Frances, Karen Kwan, Evelyn, Kelvin, Helen C., Joe, Winnie, Maxine, Karen So, Andrea, Sophia, John, Connie, Jenny, and others: mostly just catching up and asking about Christmas plans.

We had SO MUCH food for dinner: banana bread, turkey, stuffing, ham, pasta, BBQ duck, pumpkin pie, chicken, hummus, tiramisu, rainbow ice cream, scalloped potatoes, salad, sushi, peanut butter cookies, mandarin oranges, and more! Eric was looking at me funny at dinner, so I asked what was up. He asked what was with my shirt: hey, it's red and green... and it has little jewels on it! (Nathaniel seemed entranced by them, heh) Might as well break it out now that it's December, and he knows that very well! I also helped him with his jacket and Nathan's banana bread later.

After it was over, Dylan was happy enough that it went well: he'd been having all kinds of nightmares before, apparently! Eric and I went back to the church for a bit: Rich wanted to discuss how he, Phil, Alan, and Nathan felt about moving up to David Fellowship. I watched the guitars, knapsack, and banana bread. My brain went out the window when Dylan wanted to get in the church and the door was locked: you'd think I'd know to PUSH the door open instead of PULLING it... I should know, since I've been going to this church since I was born! I spent some time with the little kids who were there (Hannah, Priscilla, little Nathan, Natalie, William, Hilary, Michelle), and also saw my sister go in with a bunch of the teen girls from a bubble tea place. She was very surprised to see me there, and offered me a ride home after she was done: nah, I was just waiting for Eric!

Eric and I left at around 9:45 and discussed the possibility of snow tomorrow / in the future. I don't think I'll skip church because of it unless it's pretty bad, although of course Eric's mom won't want him to drive on extremely snowy / icy roads! He's going to Semiahmoo Resort around Christmas, which should be a nice family vacation. Then he joked that I was waiting for his digital camera before I tried suudsu.. gummi bears and milk, haha. We also got pretty silly while denying it, and he made a lot of Homestar Runner references. Oh, and he also explained yesterday's "hehehehehe hahahahaha" act on MSN: apparently, it's a Half-Life 2 inside joke I wouldn't get... and comes from a character named Father Grigory. Ah, good times indeed!


Got these questions from this QuestionClub LJ post by Arthurbulla. I'm going to post the survey in 50-question batches, like the original. No worries there! Five thousand questions and answers wouldn't fit as an entry, anyhow. :P

The only complete copy... you'll have to go around erasing answers.


1251. Do you believe people should be allowed to kill themselves if they want to? Not really... it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, most times.

1252. What do you object to? Bad spelling and grammar... and lots more.

1253. Do you own a wallet chain? No.

1254. Applebee's, the Outback, or TGI Friday's? Never been to any of them.

1255. Which do you drink the most: juice, soda, milk, or water? Water, milk, pop, then juice.

1256. Is fitness important? Yes.

1257. Are you aggressive? Sometimes.

1256. Do you write poetry? Not really.

GOOD poetry? Not really applicable.

1257. What sport do you like to play the most? Dunno.

What sport do you like to watch the most? Hockey.

1258. Have you ever fallen from grace? Lotsa times.

1259. Does it bother you when a band you like gets really popular? Not really...

1260. Has anyone ever won you a stuffed animal? Not to my knowledge.

If yes, did you name it after the person who won it for you? N/A, but I probably wouldn't.

1261. Can you go one week without cursing at all? Yes.

1262. What's the best candy? Werther's Original.

1263. Can you lick your own nose? No...

1264. What song would you dance to if it came on in a public place (say, a store)? None.

1265. Do you ever make others feel unwanted? Probably...

1266. What's 12 plus 66? 78.

1267. What goes bump in the night? Ghostie things.

1268. Have you ever climbed a tree? Yes.

1269. Do you feel somehow different when the moon is full? Not really...

1270. Who do you know that talks a lot, but never really says anything? Shannon... she repeats the same old thing over and over.

1271. Is world peace possible? I wish.

1272. Who do you know that is making a huge life mistake, yet you can't stop them? Cara.

What's the mistake? All she wants to do is get back together with her ex.

1273. What's one interesting fact about you? I remember everyone's birthdays, or it seems that way!

1274. Do you plan to own a home or rent an apartment for most of your life? Right now, it looks like renting an apartment... but I'd love to own a home!

1275. White or yellow American cheese? White.

1276. Would you ever go to a strip bar to see strippers of the opposite sex? Probably not, even though Corey's brought it up multiple times. :P

Would you ever consider stripping? No.

1277. What are 2 goals that you have? Be more positive, and be more productive. (and not in the Richmond Crew way, although that might help too...)

1278. What are 2 negative traits that you have? I have no motivation, and I'm critical.

1279. Will these negative traits stop you from achieving your goals? Probably. *sigh*

1280. What are 4 positive traits you have (do not say nice, fun, creative, good)? Helpful, sensitive, caring, and loving.

1281. How do you think you will feel on your wedding day? Very nervous, if it ever happens!

1282. If you were hiring someone for a job, but could only ask them 3 questions... what would you ask? I'd ask them about prior experience, why they'd fit the job, and about substance abuse.

1283. What 4 characteristics do you look for in a new friend? Friendly, humorous, puts up with rambling, and compassionate.

1285. Wholesome - Conducive to sound health or well-being; salutary: simple, examples: wholesome food; a wholesome climate, Promoting mental, moral, or social health: example: wholesome entertainment.

Do you enjoy wholesome activities (sports, cooking, beach, family time, zoo, museums, etc)? Sure.

If yes, what wholesome activity do you enjoy the most? Time with friends!

Are you a wholesome person? Kinda-sorta...

1286. What was your first kiss like? No comment.

1287. What is more important when you meet someone: the way they look or their attitude? Attitude.

1288. Are you quiet and shy? Not really.

1289. Are you loud and unfriendly? No.

1290. Are you bitchy, cranky, whiney, miserable, depressed, needy, mean, flakey, shallow, obnoxious, inconsiderate, nervous, and / or stuck-up? All of those to a certain degree, I'm sure... especially during certain times of the month. ;)

Do you come off any of these ways even if you aren't really like that? Possibly, to a few select people who should understand.

1291. Can a positive attitude / good personality make up for someone being less than beautiful? Sure... take me as an example! haha

1292. Can being totally beautiful and hot make up for a negative attitude / bad personality? Probably, according to guys. :P

1293. Are you an attention seeker? Sometimes.

1294. Could you see yourself as a future nun / monk? No.

1295. Would you rather have a baby or get a pet? Pet.

1296. What mistake do you repeat over and over? Talking to certain people.

1297. What do you think of the restaurant Hooters? Reminds me of "Miss Hoochie Mama" waitress at Earls... SKANKY!

1298. What are 5 traits that make someone ugly? Bad attitude all the time, poor hygiene, narrow-minded, no compassion for other people, and bad appearance.

1299. Do you hate when people tell you to smile? Sometimes.

1300. Do you like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Haven't got far enough into it yet... and if my brother is reading this, I want it back, yo! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home