Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Chocolate, pasta, bubble tea, and beer

I had it in mind to do some shopping earlier tonight, so I left at 6: little did I know that I'd have to wait for HALF AN HOUR IN THE COLD before a bus came! There were people waiting before I got to the stop, so it wasn't a case of just missing the bus. :P

Once I got to the mall, I mailed some cards / postcards out to people: I definitely lucked out since there was no lineup at the post office. According to the Chinese mail clerk Anita, there'd been a huge lineup yesterday at that time... she also expressed envy over all the friends I had, and wished she could be my friend, haha!

Since I was in Shoppers Drug Mart anyhow, I decided to buy some chocolate for myself and Sam: hey, he drives me every week to Awana and mostly on the way back even if it IS enroute for him anyhow! So I got some Pot of Gold for Sam: guys don't care about chocolate weight issues, and he's still child enough to be tempted by it! After I also got some Delecto for myself, I saw these cute hockey mini-mugs... I didn't get them, though. (only $2.49 for two, and $24.99 for the whole set) Since Sam doesn't know that this blog exists, my secret is safe for now. ;)

Then I got some peach bubble tea at Death By Chocolate before going for a Boston Pizza Pasta Tuesday. It was so busy at the restaurant that they were taking names down at the door! I decided to have some beer, so chose a Rickard's Red. After that, I decided to go to London Drugs to see if I could get boxed Christmas cards: no luck there, but I *did* get some Poppycock popcorn... that's good stuff!

Since I didn't get any boxed Christmas cards, I think it's time to engineer one of those mother-daughter trips with Mom: I may have to use wearing the wig as leverage, heh. (even though I'm sure she doesn't need much incentive, haha) Yeah, I could have gone to the dollar store at the mall... but didn't feel like it, go figure.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home