Saturday, November 05, 2005

Taking a dump on the dance floor...

Sam was really late picking me up for Awana: let's just say that when he got to my place, we'd normally be just getting to church. He apologized, and then made it up to me by telling me about his first university dance last night. It was poorly organized, advertising that tickets could be purchased at the door. However, when Sam and his friends got there and tried to do so, they were told that the dance was already over fire safety regulations! They were pissed off since they'd just driven in from Richmond (a 40-minute drive) and paid $3.50 for parking. Luckily, they were able to get tickets and get on the guest list so that one of their other friends could get in later.

The rock music was extremely loud, the windows were shaking, and Sam could feel the vibrations in his organs. No wonder he couldn't hear me when I called him last night! He had JUST gone to the dance floor when I called, and thought I was calling him by a weird name, so told me that I had the wrong number. Then when I called back, he stepped outside and recognized my voice... I thought he was at some wild party, haha. Someone sneaked alcohol in, so people were getting drunk: Sam even saw some girl pass out, which he could deal with.

Near the end of the night when Sam and his friends were at the coat check on another floor, they heard people on the third floor yell: "EWWWWWW, GROSS! Someone just took a crap on the floor!!!" Sam had to see this for himself, so he ran upstairs... he didn't see the guy taking a dump on the floor, but he saw the turd. The AMS (UBC student union) president was there and was REALLY mad: "Some guy just took a dump on MY floor!" (the dance was in one of the student union buildings) They made the guy pick up the piece and throw it out the window, but there were still pieces of it on the floor. After that, Sam and his friends went for bubble tea at Bubble World: when one of his friends ordered a chocolate slush, Sam was understandably grossed out!

Sam was so tired afterwards that he slept through worship practice this morning, and only woke up when Vanessa called him to ask if he was going to be there or not! Awana was the same stuff as usual, and I wonder what will happen with that Saturday Fellowship Christmas get-together at Lesley's next month.. plenty of time to figure things out with Eric, heh. (I forgot my notebook last night, so couldn't note down the date and time.. I'll just check my email instead, haha)

Later, Sam and I went to Michaels so that he could buy seven white T-shirts for the people who just got baptized last month. Apparently, some of our friends are going to print stuff on the shirts and give them out as presents. They'd have done it on baptism day, but didn't have enough time. When I told Sam about the "ground beef panties" article, he laughed and said that it was an interesting invention, but wasn't sure how well it would sell. Indeed!

Someone on LJ is a member of 4679 communities... o_O

Now if you'll excuse me, I have 30 open Firefox tabs / conversations with Darren and Corey / the Calgary-Flames hockey game / my email / dinner to get to...


Take the quiz: "HOW TURKISH R U?"

YOU ARE 100 TURKISH!
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY TURK! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!

.... uh no, I'm Asian! :P


Your Birthdate: September 17

You tend to find yourself lucky - both in business and in life.
And while being wealthy is nice, you enjoy sharing your abundance with others.
You put your luck to good use: you are very ambitious and goal oriented.
Often times, you get overexcited and take on more than you can manage.

Your strength: Your ability to make your own luck

Your weakness: Thinking you can do it all

Your power color: Bronze

Your power symbol: Half Moon

Your power month: August



Your BCBG Look Is
BCBG Max Azria 'Sonar Wave' Tunic



Your Nail Polish Color Is
Hyper

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home