Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wasting my time... / hilarious Mom quotes / quizzes

Earlier today, I had an appointment at 3. Now, you'd think that when you make an appointment (especially for the following day), the person who you made the appointment with would actually BE THERE! But no... when my mom and I got there at 3:15, the place was CLOSED! My mom thought this person was sneaky / sleazy from the get-go and only concerned about money. So she was disappointed... I'm more upset about the fact that I wasted my time! (the concept of the appointment was HER idea, not mine!) What kind of idiot forgets about an appointment?!

At least I got a better pair of scissors, some candy, and some envelopes from the dollar store later! I also found the "one-month baby banquet" card (under a pile of stuff in my room) from David so I can RSVP by email for baby Ian's ceremony thing. While I'm at it, I should remember to tell Nathan that my parents can drive me to that... it's more convenient for him that way. :P (hockey tonight at 7, too!) Mom thinks that I need gifts for Sophia's baby Olivia: nope, I was at the baby shower in August!

Oh, I also got some Coke so I can try rum and Coke LATER. Maybe after the hockey game, if Minnesota totally blitzes us like they did last time... :P

Public Service Announcement: If you live in or around Denver, Colorado: If you are over the age of 21, you are now legally allowed to have an ounce or less of marijuana. (I'm sure Corey will be THRILLED to hear about this, haha!)


Light moments of the day:

1. Mom and I were in the car and waiting at a crosswalk for a bunch of kids to cross. One of them had an instrument case with him: probably big enough for a saxophone.

Mom: What do you think is in that thing? Hopefully it's not a HUMAN!
Me: Mom, it's OBVIOUSLY an instrument case! o_O

If I didn't know better, I'd swear she was reading too many true-crime stories where the murderer stuffs his victim's (dismembered) body into a trunk or suitcase! o_O


2. We were at the dollar store, and I was talking to my mom about the baby banquet.

Mom: I'll give you a gift for Sophia's baby too, even though she didn't invite you to her thing! (note: her definition of "give" is "pay me $5 and I'll give you something worth $25" :P)
Me: But I already gave her something, Mom. I went to her baby shower! (the same day Frances, Helen, and I saw baby Timbit in the hospital after he was born)
Mom: Ha?! Wasn't that... before?!
Me: Yes, Mom. Baby showers usually happen BEFORE the baby is born. o_O

(this would have been funnier if she'd asked me whether I was sure about that... but luckily for me, she didn't... too bad about the comic potential, though!)


3. Mom looked around for a pepper shaker in a particular style at the dollar store, but was disappointed when she couldn't find it.

Mom: Aren't you disappointed?
Me: Why?
Mom: Because we couldn't find that thing! (note: she ALWAYS talks cryptically like this!)
Me: Define "that thing."
Mom: The pepper shaker! You KNOW what I'm talking about!
Me: Uh, no... and no, I'm not disappointed about that either. It's YOUR pepper shaker, not mine!


At least she didn't ask me anything about Palmer, nor did she call him Roger like she did a few weeks ago! o_O









You will take over Latvia using only a thorny rose

countrypic!
Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com



Take the quiz:
Which Venezuelan Artist are you?

Alb from Entrance
You are Albert from Entrance. You like to mix the metal with the gothic, and don't know what the fuck is happening in your head.

Quizzes by myYearbook.com -- the World's Biggest Yearbook!


All of the possible quiz results for this quiz:

* Joseluis from Dotpain (You scored 2)
* Alb from Entrance (You scored 3)
* Ivan from Entrance (You scored 0)
* Dorian from Dotpain (You scored 1)
* Juanshit from Zeta11 (You scored 0)


Take the quiz:
are you like me?

definitely
yup, you are just like me... Green Day reeks of awesomeness.

Quizzes by myYearbook.com -- the World's Biggest Yearbook!


All of the possible quiz results for this quiz:

* definitely (You scored 4)
* no way (You scored 2)
* kinda (You scored 2)


Take the quiz:
Who are you out of the group?

Angie
you are like totally punk, and you are liked by every guy!!

Quizzes by myYearbook.com -- the World's Biggest Yearbook!


All of the possible quiz results for this quiz:

* Jessica (You scored 0)
* Angie (You scored 2)
* Kirstie (You scored 0)
* Steph (You scored 0)
* Nufer (You scored 1)
* Bernadette (You scored 0)
* Shaun (You scored 0)
* Nick (You scored 0)
* Marco (You scored 1)
* Colby (You scored 1)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home